Monster Felt Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSC_0049.JPG

It's one thing to see it, let me put some definition on what the build is though.

Felt Monster Energy Drink Bicycle
Top speed: 38mph

Specifications:
24" wheels w/2" rims & coaster brakes
66cc Jet engine w/cnc mount kit
30t driven sprocket with hub adapter
Stock jetting and sparkplug
Spring tensioner
Green motion light value caps
Metal saddle bags for 2 gallons fuel or 1 gallon fuel and toolbag

Modifications:
Graphite lubricant in cylinder
Planed head and jug surface area
Replaced hardware for tensioner
Replaced hardware to grade8
Offset cnc engine mounts
Bent coaster brake arm
Double catch backup metal bands for coaster brake arm
Upgraded tensioner spring and installed spring on top right bolt of drive sprocket cover

Major Repairs:
Jb MetalStik to patch gas tank
Hoseclamps for gas tank
Replaced rear tire with 2" tire
Swapped sparkplug after graphite
Exhaust burned out and fell off (replaced with zero baffle bent exhaust, pic is not this current)
Tensioner exploded - drive sprocket rod is likely bent
Clamshell hub adapter rattled entirely apart 1x
Fuel tank welded mounts overtightened and leaked
Head warped and needed sanding for a flat surface area
Case screws stripped out on drive sprocket
Spring tensioner hardware vibrated apart, replaced hardware with double locking nuts and extra bearing
Spring tensioner aluminum sprocket being eaten away by chain​

Mileage :
15 Miles per day, 74 miles per gallon

Future plans:

This is my 13th build.
My previous best build was a 49cc 47.9mph 26" Diamondback. Now that I am on a smaller wheel (24") I am tuning from a 66cc until I reach 45mph, a large amount of what it will take to achieve this is :

Abandoning the rear 2" rims and coaster brakes for a standard hub with v-brakes, this will gain at least 1mph, however will require a new hub adapter and possibly smaller than 30t driven sprocket.

Upgraded clutch pads for quicker GPS Speedtest rides, ultimately the performance in clutchplate grip will gain at least 1mph.

I know I will gain at least 5mph if I get an aftermarket CDI, sparkplug and carburetor.

Last is new rings and new seals and new all gaskets after I do achieve 45mph, when I will downsize to a 49cc and retune to 45mph, by which time my rear wheel won't interfere with the chain action and I can remount the engine on a new cnc motor mount without the offset, and my used engine will go on my 26" beachcruiser for a backup ride.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back