Moon Dog W/Stanton friction drive

Here are the pics of my moondog with the Stanton friction drive 7/8"roller with a 1.6 hp robin suburu powering it. I run 8.1 mi one to work each day and get there in under 30 min. This is the front entrance to work. Having a blast every day with it too.Got over 200 mi on it since 2 1/2 weeks ago when i got it.

Attachments

• PHOT0004.JPG
    PHOT0004.JPG
    218.5 KB · Views: 546
  • PHOT0005.JPG
    PHOT0005.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 430
  • PHOT0006.JPG
    PHOT0006.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 463
Hi Bill -- Nice looking bike you got there !!! I am also running the Robin Subaru friction drive -- I am using the 1" roller -- weigh 195 lbs -- getting around 23 -24 mph top speed --- what does your top speed happen to be ? Happy Riding from - Mountainman

Speed on the friction drive

I run a 7/8" stanton knurled steel drive roller and I weigh 228 lbs.Bike all up weight is 43 lbs. The motor 7/8 throttle cooks along flat at 22-23.8 mph.Up a fairly steep hill it goes back to 15 mph. and steep hills i need to assist or its 10mph. It cruises at 19 mph 1/2 to 3/4 throttle flatland. I did put an extra kickstand ie rear frame hub mouted to assist keeping it upright. Looks cool with both stands down too. THe front basket is walmart/bell quick release type. Running no more flats tube in front 10$ at walmart. I also run the schwinn digital wired speedodometer 9.95 at walmart. It is nice shuts off five minutes after no movement so its auto off no off on to worry about.

Hi Bill -- That's very cool !!! I think that you may have made the best choice in regards to kickstands -- that double stand set up -- looks good and sturdy... I recently ordered a center stand -- on my mountain bike 26" tires -- it is not as great as I had wished for -- maybe works better on other bikes ? Just in from an all day ride with my Subaru -- nice running little motor -- a great day for a ride... Happy riding from - Mountainman

Back