Moop Two!!!!!!

I didn't want to do it,but I did.
RIP MOOP. :( So many memories.
So many mods.
Even with that tractor seat after a while by back would hurt riding MOOP.
Funny though when I talked to MOOP he was actually okay.
I think MOOP is the engine more than the bike surrounding it.
MOOP knows I'll ride him more now.
Ah the memories... NOOO!!!.jpg

And now...MOOP TWO!!MOOPTWO!!.jpg
MOOP TWO was a challenge in that I have my host home guy with me and I have no gas in my truck and I only have 10 bucks to my name this week so no going to the hardware store. So this entire build today was from parts laying around. Yesterday I got some hardware I took my client with me and had just enough gas in my truck.
So first challenge was the front mount. Simple fix. Plate is a concrete divider something comes in a box of like a thousand dude just gives me a few because you can't price per piece.Photo0285.jpg I used an old tire liner to protect the paint actually and offer some vibration dampening.
Then some of you remember how I did MOOP's clutch cable. I needed to fabricate a frame holder so I can keep the clutch cable without having to make another one. Here's the result.clutch.jpg
I kinda don't like how the cable is rubbing like that on the engine but it's working well actually. Here's the clamp: clutch mount.jpg
I also had trouble with my chain. It was too short! And my chain breaker is BROKEN!! But with a nail,hammer and a 2x4 with a hole in it,I got her done!
I really should add a link to that chain,though Clearances are pretty tight.
Then when I finally got her all done I needed a fuel line for the original one is too short! So I took a bit from that Boost Bottle and now actually that's the way that bottle is supposed to go anyway!
Here's another shot of MOOP 2!!MOOPTWO!jpg.jpg
And the thread that explains a bit as to how I acquired this bike and will give some history as we discover it.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=13112
So I took it for a test run, Right away there's some vibrations happening above 15 mph. Gotta tighten down those mounts. Maybe rethink those tire liners. This is an old frame so the tubes are rather thin. I need to keep from having my engine go side to side which is what it's doing. I remember a post here about a head bolt mount to the frame.
I may need to do that.
Other than the vibrations and the mounts it feels so different. This bike is so smooth. And it has a different personality. I like it alot.
It may be safe I'm thinking to have that vibration at speed for this bike only has a coaster. I kinda don't want to add a front brake. Maybe a drum front.
I want a drum front on Cronus too.
So what am I gonna do with that Diamondback?
For now it's going in the parts pile. :(
But MOOP lives on!
MOOP lives on!

Last edited by a moderator:
seats

Hey Large - - These are on their way. Hope you can use them.. That hairpin is Dark Brown.

IMG_1231.jpg

Oh wow. I don't know what to say!

I'll use those definitely.

THANK YOU OMG that's simply not enough!

Yup, kudos to Zomby. Nice thing to do.

and I like the look of the new MOOP. It looks like a bike that I'd like to ride. Though I might change the handlebars, if it were mine. Narrow is not good.

There's something I've thought about often. And Moop 2 reminds me of it; I've always loved many of the Chrysler products from the 60s and 70s. They were often ugly right form the start and the didn't age very well in the looks department. And they often had weird, even annoying quirks. They often sounded funny, especially when starting the engine. Yet they were sweet, reliable machines under all that. I've had three or four that were still valiantly pulling me around even as they were almost literally coming to pieces.

Motor assisted bicycles, especially happy times, remind me of the same thing. And Moop 2 looks like an excellent example.

I hope that doesn't sound insulting. I'm actually saying it with honest affection for these interesting machines.

I know what your saying! This bike I feel like I'm riding an OLD bike. People around me thinks the same way. The graphics give it away somewhat though.
If I removed the graphics I bet most wouldn't be able to tell. I want to keep everything the way it is,though as far as paint and stickers.
Those handlebars I'm thinking I need wider. But at the same time the narrowness of those bars give the bike some character. Then when I hop on Cronus the difference is apparent right away.
Ape hangers with a mild rise may actually feel pretty cool. Maybe I'll borrow the bars from my trike for a day just to see how it feels.
There is one small problem I've had with this bike. The chain gets really close to the rear fender and sometimes the chain slaps the fender a little and resonates into a loud "Clang". Has anyone had this problem and is there an easy fix,like maybe some kind of rubber covering around the fender? I really don't want to bend it out of the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is one small problem I've had with this bike. The chain gets really close to the rear fender and sometimes the chain slaps the fender a little and resonates into a loud "Clang". Has anyone had this problem and is there an easy fix,like maybe some kind of rubber covering around the fender? I really don't want to bend it out of the way.

Large, I had the same problem with my '46 Columbia. I solved the problem with the use of a second chain tensioner / idler pulley. I took the end of the bracket that the pulley mounts on and bent it about 45 degrees. I then mounted the bracket on an angle on the seat post with the pulley on the part of the bracket I bent backwards, so it's in line with the chain. Check it out in the photo.
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z21/KilroyCD/Living History/eb23.jpg
The bracket holds it away from the fender and you avoid the dreaded chain slap.

NICE!!
Will do that most definitely!

My front mounts failed me today. It sheared right from the mount.

I'm thinking now I used grade 2 bolts in the Metric 6 configuration.

No biggie. File a groove for a screwdriver and twist the studs off and try again with Grade 8's from Ace Hardware.

I didn't work on it today for tomorrow I'm heading towards Duane's via Cronus on the bike trails to get those clutch springs I'm finally giving myself a whole day to cruise over there and check out Columbine memorial which is on the way. Duane tells me this is a big improvement. I'll see come tomorrow. 2 thousand miles on Cronus to date.
So today was setting up my tool pouch and getting the right fishing lures and checking over Cronus.
I'm bound to find a nice body of water some time tomorrow where I can just cast away!

Zomby. The package came to the door just now!
Oh man I feel like this is Christmas.
Yea. I'll be posting pics after I get MOOP 2 back up.
I can't believe the quality.
These are decent seats!
THANK YOU AGAIN!!!

Back