Moped tires

I won’t have to spread her legs to get the wheels in the frame, but the axles it came with are too big for my dropouts. Front is a motorcycle fork with 10mm dropouts and the rear can take a 10mm axle but the axles it came with won’t fit front or rear. I don’t want to modify my dropouts, so I took the bearings out of one of the hubs (same size on both wheels), measured them and went on eBay and found high speed engine bearings that are the same OD and width as the ones I took out, with a 10mm ID and they were only $25 for 4 of them, they’re rated to over 20k rpms so I think they’ll be fine for my wheels lol. Might never have to change them again haha.
That isn't bad at all 20k, considering your wheel is turning less than a 1000 rpm to do 55 mph.

That isn't bad at all 20k, considering your wheel is turning less than a 1000 rpm to do 55 mph.
Wheels turning 900ish at 50 mph. Bike is probably going to end up with a top speed of 62 @ 5k. Have to remove the governor to use an aftermarket carb, as the governor linkage is connected to the stock carb. At any rate, if the 21” wheel is spinning 900ish, what’s the 32mm bearing inside the hub spinning at? Probably not 20k but more than 900ish lol.

Wheels turning 900ish at 50 mph. Bike is probably going to end up with a top speed of 62 @ 5k. Have to remove the governor to use an aftermarket carb, as the governor linkage is connected to the stock carb. At any rate, if the 21” wheel is spinning 900ish, what’s the 32mm bearing inside the hub spinning at? Probably not 20k but more than 900ish lol.
The bearings in the hub are spinning at the same rate the rim is spinning at.

Back