More Heavy Haul - Australian Style

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Fabian, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

I asked a few heavy haul eco-cycle companies to get this job done, but they said their drive-train wouldn't be able to take the punishment.
    This job didn't have car access, and it was too far to push a wheelbarrow, so the only option was to use the heavy haul trailer-train.
    Just as well i have dual range; front derailleur operated crawler gearing to get things going, because the pictured firewood was mighty heavy Australian gum;driving the tyres into the ground, causing a hellish amount of resistance, trying to get the tonnage moving.

Thankfully the SickBikeParts twin-row Ultra Heavy Duty freewheel Bearing system is still working to perfection, and able to take the punishment; haul-out after haul-out after haul-out.

At present, half of the tree has been hauled home, and the rest will done tomorrow.

20151204_124842.jpg

20151204_113650.jpg

20151204_113957.jpg

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
    DMO-1291 likes this.

2. KenM

KenM Member

Man!!! That is some setup you have. Glad it is working for you.
    Thanks for sharing. Keep up the good work, and keep safe out there!
    Keep looking up! Ken.

3. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

For the most part, the firewood haul-out is complete, expect for the small branches will i will grab tomorrow.
    The only thing that will be left is a bunch of leaves.

Below is the progress from yesterday's photos.

20151204_145152.jpg

20151205_131140.jpg

20151205_135204.jpg

4. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

But to recap, the first photo is at the start of the haul-out, and the second photo shows what can be achieved with a dual range, front derailleur operated sprocket stack, and the SickBikeParts heavy duty shift kit, in combination with 6 trailers!!!

View attachment 59663

View attachment 59670

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  5. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

I have no idea why i have an audience of about 50 people; that seem to come from everywhere, whenever i do a haul-out of firewood with the trailer train :)

6. KenM

KenM Member

Yeah, I wonder why!!! Good job sir!! I think I would be watching you to , if I was there.
    Work just fascinates me. I could watch it all day!
    Keep looking up. Ken.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  7. Arty

Arty Active Member

I'd be there watching too! That set-up just amazes me.

8. MacZulu

MacZulu Member

that's impressive, using the wee china doll well there. makes me want to get a sbp hd js kit

9. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Well..........you see something new every day, don't you?

Nice job. I'm willing to bet that you're a candidate for first prize in the category of 'most work squeezed out of a happy time engine'.

Fabian likes this.
  10. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

I squeeze a heck of a lot of work out of a Chinese 2-stroke bicycle engine. It's not a toy - it's a freight hauler!

Marine One and KenM like this.