More Heavy Haul - Australian Style

Fabian

Local time
3:31 AM
I asked a few heavy haul eco-cycle companies to get this job done, but they said their drive-train wouldn't be able to take the punishment.
This job didn't have car access, and it was too far to push a wheelbarrow, so the only option was to use the heavy haul trailer-train.
Just as well i have dual range; front derailleur operated crawler gearing to get things going, because the pictured firewood was mighty heavy Australian gum;driving the tyres into the ground, causing a hellish amount of resistance, trying to get the tonnage moving.

Thankfully the SickBikeParts twin-row Ultra Heavy Duty freewheel Bearing system is still working to perfection, and able to take the punishment; haul-out after haul-out after haul-out.

At present, half of the tree has been hauled home, and the rest will done tomorrow.

20151204_124842.jpg

20151204_113650.jpg

20151204_113957.jpg

Last edited:
Man!!! That is some setup you have. Glad it is working for you.
Thanks for sharing. Keep up the good work, and keep safe out there!
Keep looking up! Ken.

For the most part, the firewood haul-out is complete, expect for the small branches will i will grab tomorrow.
The only thing that will be left is a bunch of leaves.

Below is the progress from yesterday's photos.

20151204_145152.jpg

20151205_131140.jpg

20151205_135204.jpg

I have no idea why i have an audience of about 50 people; that seem to come from everywhere, whenever i do a haul-out of firewood with the trailer train :)

Yeah, I wonder why!!! Good job sir!! I think I would be watching you to , if I was there.
Work just fascinates me. I could watch it all day!
Keep looking up. Ken.

Last edited:
that's impressive, using the wee china doll well there. makes me want to get a sbp hd js kit

Well..........you see something new every day, don't you?

Nice job. I'm willing to bet that you're a candidate for first prize in the category of 'most work squeezed out of a happy time engine'.

Back