More infraction points for talking politics!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tom, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Tom

Tom Active Member

This forum is strictly about how to make our engines more eco-friendly. Discussion about the politics of climate change is NOT ALLOWED. Save it for the Combustion Chamber.

We have a new 25 point infraction for second offenders. I don't care if you are just responding to someone about something political they said, YOU DO NOT DISCUSS POLITICS HERE. If someone turns a thread political, DO NOT REBUT. Simply report their post and we will take care of it.

2. Tom

Tom Active Member

If you guys can't play nice, we will be closing the Green Door.

3. kerf

kerf Guest

Tom,

I would like to recommend that the forum be limited to exactly what you stated, "strictly about how to make our engines more eco-friendly". If you want to eliminate the "politics of climate change", why not eliminate all discussion of Climate Change / Global Warming.

Problem solved.

4. professor

professor Active Member

Kerf is quite right, there is no possible way to be truthful about that stuff without some reference to government. They are entwined.

5. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

I have a great way to make a bicycle engine more "eco-friendly" - Don't start it!!!

I keeeeed, I keeeeed!!

6. andyszyd

andyszyd Member

Don't start it, just buy engine (good for US/China deficit) buy gas ( good for ever increasing US debt, deficit and increasing US dependancy on foreign oil).

AND PEDAL IT ALL THE WAY

That's the only way to make gas engine "eco-friendly".

AlGore will be proud of you although himself he is driving gas guzzling SUV and flying private jet sending tons of CO2 and other "deadly gasses" into athmosphere.

And making money all the way along with it.

He is a genius!

No wonder he was awarded Nobel Price for his scams!

No politics here. LOL

Just simple truth.

7. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

agreed, I have been saying this all along. There is no point in having a discussion about climate change without politics. The two concepts are married and cannot be divided.

A green door section dedicated solely on how to make our bikes more environmentally friendly sounds quite a bit more sensible.

8. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Just looking at this thread, would not a better solution be to close the green door and then people could be spared 25 infraction points for inadvertantly making the slightest error that could in some way, possibly be seen as somehow political after being linked back through a legalised assessment of the post.

At some point in time, these methods can subtract from the creativity and integration of people who contribute to the rainbow of ideas on a forum such as this!

Fabian

9. Stan4d

Stan4d Banned

I believe that Tom's suggestion for following the rules is much better. If we followed Fabian's thought, how many fourms will have to be closed because the rules were not followed.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2010