More pics of the lastest chopper build

This chopper would be the best i have built so far.
Using the race engine and pipe out of a race pocket bike, it has around 5hp, where the standard engine only had about 2.2hp.
The top speed was increased by almost 20km p/h, sounded tuff, and cruised at a top speed of 69 km p/h.

Thanks for all the comments

keep on cruisin

MUZZA

Attachments

• P1010452.JPG
    P1010452.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 638
  • P1010450.JPG
    P1010450.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 515
  • P1010467.JPG
    P1010467.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 489
  • P1010468.JPG
    P1010468.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 740
It's a lovely bike. Can you tell us about the motor - Lifan or what? Also about getting the exhaust and other bits? Does the chopper come with that rear tyre? What brakes does it have?

Hey John,
I'm not sure on what the brand of the engine is. it is the engine out of the pocket bikes, but this one is a race engine purchased from Queensland, the exhaust came with the engine. I found the engine on E-BAY, but i cant seem to find it on there anymore, keep a look out for them on EBAY.
The rear tyre/wheel is standard on the STINGRAY Chopper and is has the standard 'V' Brakes on the front and rear.
I make the mounts for the engine out of 3mm steel plate and weld it to the frame, i get the 5:1 reducing gearbox, sprockets, sprocket mount and chain from a bike shop @ the Laverton markets. the rest of it is basic parts like fuel line, i use a gear cable for the throttle cable.
Its not hard to build at all. it takes me around 5 hours to build the bike.
good luck
Muzza

Thanks Manyana, that is very explicit. I'll bet it's comfortable and goes like a rocket.

no pedals! you are officially a mini chopper now...
Can you get us a close up of how the engine is mounted?

Last edited:
Sorry autobo7, i know no pedals = no bicycle, but the drive train i use doesnt allow for the pedals and crank to fit.
this is the closest pic i have of the 3mm steel plate i weld to the frame to mount the engine. This chopper is the JESSE JAMES WEST COAST CHOPPER, but is the exact same mount as the STINGRAY CHOPPER.
Enjoy
Muzza

Attachments

• DSCN1542.JPG
    DSCN1542.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 443
You could use a front freewheel to a double sprocket at the engine output shaft. Then you could pedal it. That is assuming it has a clutch.

Thanks for the mount pic, Bike or not its looks amazeing! I think you should get some better brakes if your getting into the 65+kph zone. Keep up the good work!

Back