more power for 48cc engines

Discussion in 'Performance Mods' started by jaguar, Mar 5, 2015.

1. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

2. i have herd of this type of kit but i keep hearing people say different thing on how you gotta cut the gasket and such. what bout this kit is this made for 48cc truly

3. DanTheDIYGuy

DanTheDIYGuy Member

Yes but you're forgetting the legal requirements on the road. I live in a state where I am required to run at 49cc or lower if I have no license for the bike.

4. Frankfort MB's

Frankfort MB's Well-Known Member

It will be fine, idk of any cops that would check the bore and stroke of a bicycle engine just to get you for not having liscense

5. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

No one, but no one, is going to measure the inside of your cylinder. don't be a pansy, f*** the cops, lie to their face like you would lie to the devil.

Frankfort MB's likes this.
  6. Frankfort MB's

I've done it before:)

7. AutOtaku

AutOtaku Member

Couldn't you just get a 66/80cc top end/jug-head (whatever the term is for small engines) and put it on the 48cc? I mean if all your doing is increasing the bore and stroke with that of one 11cc's larger than 55 it should work

8. Frankfort MB's

The spacing is different on the studs

9. skyash

skyash Active Member

The crank is probably different wait. Conrod spacing lots of stuff. Over here thay say the cops will diyno your bike if the output is more than 200w then $1200 in fines

10. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

where is "over here"?

11. skyash

skyash Active Member

Melbourne Victoria Australia the nanny state lol

12. KCvale

KCvale Motorized Bicycle Vendor

No.
    What you can do is use a 66cc engine and put a 48cc sticker on it ;-}