More power?

If you have gas running out then the float isn't closing all the way. After you adjust it but while you have it apart use a piece of fuel line to blow thru the carb fuel inlet with your mouth. Lift the float with your finger to make sure it stops the flow. It should stop it so you cannot blow thru it. If it doesn't something is stuck in the float needle and seat. Or the seal is damaged either way it will not run right till it's fixed. You won't know if you need a smaller jet till you get the fuel level in the bowl corrected.

PS Hang in there Tank the fun is just around the corner this isn't a hard fix.

So I bent the float clip down a little and its running better. But the engine runs the float right out of gas. Thats after about three or four blocks of wide open. Ive monkeyed with it and it gets a little better with each slight bend. Its ard to get this baby running just right. Will jetting stop it from consuming so much gas. It seems like it is just guzzling. Any suggestions at this point would be helpful and would like to thank everyone for all of the ideas so far. Will keep you all posted on my progress for the perfect running motor.

If it's guzzling fuel, your fuel is flowing down way too fast. I would suggest turning the idle screw down quite a bit. Mine is only turned out about 1.5 turns, not the 4.5 in the instruction manual. I had it out 4.5, and got about 20 miles and my half gallon was empty. I turned it out only 1.5 turns, and got about 60 miles off of it, still going 25-28mph.

I wouldn't bend things too much..

Pablo; Do they make different size jets? Or do you have to solder and re-size your own? I bought a spare jet when I bought the replacement carb I'm running now. (I don't think I'll need to re-jet) It runs really good now, It's broke in, slant head with stock gasket (thinner),and new carb (with same slide & needle that came with old carb) And a couple of exhaust mods. (can't afford an expansion chamber right now) + SBP seems to be sold out again! Can you let me know how to post picts on here?

If it's guzzling fuel, your fuel is flowing down way too fast. I would suggest turning the idle screw down quite a bit. Mine is only turned out about 1.5 turns, not the 4.5 in the instruction manual. I had it out 4.5, and got about 20 miles and my half gallon was empty. I turned it out only 1.5 turns, and got about 60 miles off of it, still going 25-28mph.

I wouldn't bend things too much..

How would the idle screw effect anything but idle? (that wasnt a question that needs a response)

Pablo; Do they make different size jets? Or do you have to solder and re-size your own? I bought a spare jet when I bought the replacement carb I'm running now. (I don't think I'll need to re-jet) It runs really good now, It's broke in, slant head with stock gasket (thinner),and new carb (with same slide & needle that came with old carb) And a couple of exhaust mods. (can't afford an expansion chamber right now) + SBP seems to be sold out again! Can you let me know how to post picts on here?

Yes. You can buy jets from Delorto. Should have black pipes next week.

How would the idle screw effect anything but idle? (that wasnt a question that needs a response)

From what i understand, the idle screw affects the amount of fuel that is being let into the engine to keep it at an idle, without touching the throttle.

If you are running super rich, the engine will not be able to burn all the fuel that comes down because there isn't enough air to match it.

Therefore, when you give it go WoT, lots of fuel goes unburned because it can only take in so much air, which is not enough air to successfully burn all the extra fuel because you are letting so much in.

I may be wrong, but thats how i understood it. I seemed to get way better gas mileage when i tightened my idle screw from 4.5 turns to 1.5 without losing power.

Can someone post a link to a site where I can purchase one of these jets or an after market carberator. Im thinking I would rather just buy a nice new all easy to adjust carberator. With a mixture screw and an idle screw etc. or get a new jet. what ever works but Im not finding anything that seems compatible with these bikes. Maybe a chainsaw carb?

Back