Mort

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by kerf, Apr 12, 2010.

1. kerf

kerf Guest

Hello!

Attached Files:

2. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Dang Kerf! You need to get that extractor looked at by a competent gunsmith soon! It's eating up your brass!
    :grin5:

3. kerf

kerf Guest

Ain't it the truth!

4. machiasmort

machiasmort Active Member

LOL, those are just the ones he tossed in the air! Wish I had his time! LOL!

Why you should always wear glasses...

Attached Files:

5. machiasmort

Moral of the story is simple... I always shoot a clean firearm, always wear glasses and ears with targets! I always use good store bought ammo...

Except one day when I heard a woodchuck rippin insulation out from under my floor... I got up on my roof and waited for him to come out...

He didn't get far but, I'm glad I at least had glasses on! That was the third round of junky ammo that I had layin arround... I pulled the lead out of the rest and threw it away!

6. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

you used a gun to shoot a bird on your house???? dont have a bb gun????

I got a pigeon that was perched outside my office. I had to put up with.... wwwhhoo wwwhhhooo, tap tap tap or about a month. Got him one shot with my bb pistol... he tried to fly off but hit the roof and rolled into a bush. My gun was kinda low on co2 and it was my last cartridge so I had to get him like 5 or 5 more times to end it. I jate seeing animals suffer... and the sucker was HUGE. It had to weigh at least a pound maybe 1.5.

can you eat pigeon??? would have fed the whole family if we were starving.

7. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

sorry for the gramatical errors... holding my baby and typing with one hand.

I have a new respect for simon's typing abilities.

8. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Umm, vtec?

A woodchuck is a burrowing mammal, a rodent. Also commonly called a groundhog.

9. SimpleSimon

Oh, and yes, you can eat pigeons. Doves are just fancy colored pigeons with good PR. Be careful handling them, though - like city rats, they carry all kinds of vermin and diseases.

10. kerf

kerf Guest

Ain't got no pigeons round my house but I gots dem possums. Baked possum an sweat taters, um, um good. Got possum stand aside de house, savi'n fo dem shoes. Never had dem afore!

11. machiasmort

Pigeons are supposed to be real good eating... I guess there's a way to clean them real quick also... Any sort of bird in the N.E. at least will supply your body with protiens if you had to eat it!

Kerf, there's a guy in Detroit who cooks them things and makes serious money having guests over to his house... It's a humble little shack but I guess this guy knows what he's doing!

I'd still like to know what caused that casing to split on me... Peppered me real good!

12. SimpleSimon

'Possum be some mighty fine eats, yes'sum. 'Coon be's better, though - Christmas coon with sweet tater pie, cheese grits stuffing, and purple hulled peas is de best!

13. kerf

kerf Guest

If you're shooting a stock Glock, they don't have fully supported chambers. Could have gotten a "hot" round or the bullet may not have been seated deep enough in the case. If the bullet is contacting the lead rifling, chamber pressures will be high. Many match shooters run overloaded 9mm's with the bullets seated all the way out, to make power factor. They use a barrel with a fully supported chamber, such as the Bar-Sto, with the lead rifling cut back to clear the shallow seated bullets. Don't use any 9mm unfired rounds you may find on the ground at the range. You could pick up a hot load.