Most economical Motorized Bikes

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by 2stroker, May 21, 2012.

1. 2stroker

2stroker Banned

How many miles does your kit get to the gallon. How many horse powers to cc's does your kit run. I have a bumblebeebolton 26cc. 150miles per gallon and over a mph per cc. It goes 30mph outta a 26cc engine. What does your engine do?

2. Esteban

Esteban Active Member

A lot of dealers exaggerate their mpg ratings on these units. I had a 1hp , see abvatar ] & it got between 110-125 mpg. That's a LOT better than what most people have posted about theirs.

MotorBicycleRacing likes this.
  3. 2stroker

2stroker Banned

I have a speedometer and mile counter on my bike. Its gets 10 mile a tank if i ride full throttle if i ride 3/4 throttle it gets 15miles a tank and the tank is 1/8th of a gallon..the person i bought it from didn't mention the gas mileage to me i figured that out on my own..I figured out the over a mph pers cc also..

4. Esteban

Esteban Active Member

Be aware that few speedometers , mile counters work anywhere near accurately . I have checked a bike with a GPS, then adjusted the sensor on the wheels & settings, to match.

5. professor

professor Active Member

It's strange, I have 2 bikes which get the same mileage- around 120 mpg or a mile per ounce. 79cc or 212cc.

6. loquin

loquin Active Member

140-160 mpg, 43cc Mitsubishi friction drive.

I've got it 'geared' to max out at about 28 mph; it would go quite a bit faster.

7. wbuttry

wbuttry Member

i might get 100 to 120 on my frictin drive and it does about 23 to 25 mph i can do a 20 mile trek on a tank and a half dont know what size tank either what ever come on these motors it take a little under a hour and that is with a few breaks and refueling to i cruise nicely at 18 mph by the schwin speedo dont know how acurate it is either.

8. mbatl

mbatl Member

I recall going about 22miles on my standard gas tank Staton FD robin eho35 engine setup on my full suspension basic mountain bike.

9. 2stroker

2stroker Banned

What your not getting is the over a mph per cc. I gotta 26cc engine going 28-33mph. You matched me on the gas now match me on the speed per cc!

10. professor

professor Active Member

2stroker- I always thought the smaller the engine- the better the fuel milage should be. Maybe that was wrong.
    A 26cc doing 30 mph is very good. Here in NY I need lights, so I have onboard generation (a scooter motor driven by the engine) causing some engine drag.

On the speed per cc-I like the 4 stroke engines. I also get to speed quite quickly.
    The 79 has 3 speeds and the 212 doesn't need any more than one.

11. proline20

proline20 Banned

My bumblebee gets 160mpg! Not sure about 2 stroker speed you're saying 30?? Hmmm, I run really fast for a bumblebee @ 30 on flat I tune the carb two times a year in Florida, cold dry weather vs. hot muggy. This is not recommeded, but I ride with Mr. Bumblebee and I beg him to tune mine lean so no one beats me when we ride in a pack. I think factory out of the box are tuned around 27mph with a safe fuel/air carb setting. (still over 1 mph per cc - 4 strokes don't have the power 2 strokes have, no way)

12. mbatl

mbatl Member

I will do calculations next time my HT shifter bike is running, but I know for sure that due to my high gear (6th gear) and low rpm riding style, the mileage on my HT bike has increased considerably.

13. 2stroker

2stroker Banned

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  14. 2stroker

2stroker Banned

It goes between 27 and 30 when i top out. I took the screen outta my muffler and seemed to run better. When i get to the bottom of a hill im usually going 33. But that doesn't last to long.It goes back to 27-30mph usually depending on the terrain. I heard those guys gotta slot car track in orange city. I like the track off 434 i got some sweet spider frame cars i race.