most kinks worked out (i hope)

Local time
1:44 AM
so i fired up the old bike today put on my furry hat and drove my motor bike to a friend that lives about 7 miles away getting there noo problem getting home different story i ran out of gas, guess i have a leak somewhere got to the gas station eyeballed 3.5 oz of 2 stroke oil and bought 1/2 gallon of premium it ran like ****, so i figured too much oil right stopped at the next gas station paid for 75 cents worth of gas but only 50 cents fit in it 2.5 liter my butt ran even worse i think plus we have long steep hills where i live and i ended up walking the bike home :( tomorrow i will drain and try again

Where do you live that gas stations will give you "an eyeballed 3.5oz of 2 stroke oil"?

I'm ever grateful for my sidebasket. I forget where I got it from, but it's a 3 - 4 gallon wire basket I bailing wired to the right side of the frame in the back. This way I don't ever have to worry about the levels in the tank, just make sure I keep a gallon in the can and I can relatively go anywhere and always know I have a good mix. I also keep a measuring bottle with me that does a perfect gallon and I keep it filled, so essentially I can go 20 miles on my small gas tank, 40+ on my gas can and another 40+ if I run into a gas station.

I'd seriously drain everything out of your tank and do yourself a fresh perfect batch of gas mix, let us know if it's something more serious than a mix issue.

Last edited:
Ahhh, okay.

Gas stations should totally have a 2 stroke pump you can dial the ratio in with.

Let me know what happens when you get some fresh mix!

hi
i personally premix 160 ml of race oil valvoline in a 5 litre can i got from bunnings ...
then its a case of seal pay walk an as u walk home u shake can.:giggle:

the hard part is pourin fuel via builtin neck on can ...
ill try a funnel next ...
tank is 3 lt from gasman .penrith
motor a hp2 48 cc rse ...
i only use premium fuel :unsure:

brad
nsw

idk about my leak once in a while I'll see it leak at the petcock even tho I used real fuel line and ring clamps then once i forgot to turn pet cock off then I leaned it to the right and noticed gas was poring out of carb, but turned off gas right away. thinking it must be leaking from pet cock itself

I see where you mentioned leak in your first post, sorry gothicguy64.

Just to check - you used some sort of o-ring with the petcock right? Or do you mean it's leaking where it meets the fuel line? What worries me is that you say you saw gas "pouring" out the carb. How far did you lean it and where'd it pour out of? This might be a lead to something, so I'd at least spend 15-20 minutes investigating it.

I know I've got some leaks, but they're just so minor I'm not too worried about it. I know I'm just losing some of the tightness from having old stiff fuel line, but that's definitely not the case with your machine.

Back