Most wonderful time of the year

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by A_FITZ, Dec 7, 2010.

1. A_FITZ

A_FITZ Member

So, anyway, are any of you motor bike owners riding right now?

Because its beyond cold outside.., im thinking my bike is going to be lonely and is just going to sit until it starts getting warm out again.., we are far away from slightly warm up here on the East Coast.

2. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

I hear ya loud and clear, Alex. Because of the wind it's brutal just being outside, much less riding.
  3. Stan4d

Stan4d Banned

just going to listen.......been kinda warm down here.
  4. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

yeah, yeah, rub it in. :evilgrin:
  5. Zev0

Zev0 Member

Yeah, 10 PM here and it's still 70.
  6. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

As a fellow Southerner I must add my 2 cents....been kinda cold for Florida this past week 40 to 50 degrees..had to dig out my long pants and flannel shirt..supposed to go back up where it belongs Friday 70 and guys stay warm up there and don't build any wood fires in the bathtub this year
  7. Stan4d

Stan4d Banned

You can return the remark next august.........Do you guys even have thermometers that show 3 digits?

This is from a cool August day. 8-23-10 001.JPG
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  8. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Us guys use the Centigrade thermometers, cause we can see Russia from here. We don't need no stinkin 3 digits. :sweatdrop:
  9. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

This was just a few minutes ago. The temps are in Fahrenheit. It's way too early in the season for these temps. I had the privilege of working outside the last two days also. I now understand why older folks move to Florida... I really dislike cold weather.

PS I just looked again and it's now 21 F. lol

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  10. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

ibdennyak you guys never have to worry about your beer getting to warm...a good thing
  11. Stan4d

Stan4d Banned

68 inside temp? WOW......I shake like a dog passin peach pits if it gets below 70 inside.
  12. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

50 degrees out here in my garage now....think I will go get the shop heater out of the shed and take the rest of tonights beer out of the fridge
  13. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Fifty degrees? My heart bleeds for you. :jester:
    It's 22 degrees (F) outside right now, and heading down to 15 tonight here in central Pennsyltucky...
  14. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

KilroyCD....thats kinda cold..hope your not sleeping outside
  15. cpuaid

cpuaid Member

A little bit chilly riding to work this morning. Cold front has been coming in again and it was 26 F. Ice on the windshield on the car, probably the first time for the season. Had to put the hair dryer to the bike to warm her up but starting wasn't a problem, thankfully. Weather guy says its going to warm up to 67 F. Really hate layering up for the morning commute and then sweating to death on the ride back! Everybody stay safe and warm out there and have a good day!
  16. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

Actually that's pretty warm for this house!
    It just cost me $558.00 to fill the heating oil tank. That will last until about the end of January. If ANY body in this house other than me raises the thermostat there will be a major brouhaha here. Heads will roll...

17. mich_wanderr

mich_wanderr New Member

i rode 10 miles at 7:00 was 13 degrees here in bristol was running great with new plug and a 10mm bump all the way around.i ride to work and back it's only 35 speed limit so i can cruz with traffic.oh you always have that one that just has to pass.on a double yellow and a blind curve you know that car.
  18. HseLoMein

HseLoMein Member

I still ride about 3 times a week, and it has beed in the 20s consistently in the past 2 weeks. Just add another layer :)