Stolen Motobecane 400ht with a gebe style belt system stolen 8-25

Discussion in 'Stolen Bicycles & Security' started by dchevygod, Aug 26, 2012.

1. dchevygod

dchevygod Member

I am so livid at the moment but my only transportation was stolen last night:veryangry: here is the best pic [​IMG] if you see it please message me after you call the cops. Ill be very grateful.

2. dchevygod

dchevygod Member

I've since built another that's faster ;) but I still want my baby back! If anyone has seen this bike please message me. I have the police report to confirm the ownership. I love that bike :(

3. battery

battery Member

Location?

4. dchevygod

dchevygod Member

Mesa AZ but you never know where they're gonna turn up. If since moved to Colorado.

5. battery

battery Member

6. dchevygod

dchevygod Member

I know that I'd have retaliated against anyone I saw on it. So I'm kinda glad I've moved since I'm a proud new father.

I did scan CL for a few months and found a bike with a very similar description " G260 on a Motobecane" set up a meet/police sting and it was not my bike :( I was positive I had found it and it was such a let down :(

7. powerstroke

powerstroke Member

Damn, that sucks. Get one of those GPS trackers for your current bike, I can only imagine the feeling of finding it at someones home and setting up a sting. Oh, the feels.

8. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Be careful CO is full of bike thieves too especially in the Denver area, where in CO?

9. dchevygod

dchevygod Member

The northern colorado springs area. Pueblo isn't too far ;)
    Thanks for the heads up Darwin! I religiously lock it or park it in the garage, when my motobecane got swiped it was locked rear wheel to the frame in front of my subterranean apartment :( and only for 5-10 minutes and it was gone.

10. dchevygod

dchevygod Member

Someone said karma was gonna get em and the AL frame was gonna buckle on them at 40 lol. I'd like the video please.

11. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

There's a bike trail that runs all the way from CS to Denver I hear, be one heck of a ride. That was a nice bike that got swiped, I'd of cried missing that.

12. dchevygod

dchevygod Member

13. dchevygod

dchevygod Member

I'm thinking about getting another motobecane, I loved that bike so much even as a regular pedal bike it was the nicest bike I've ever owned.

I'd probably do another gebe wheel/custom motor mount, but with a bigger displacement engine and geared for more torque.

V1 had a 27cc I built from the ground up and a 14t pinion cog. V2 will have my ported/piped 43cc and an 11/12 t pinion with a belt tensioner that helps the belt contact mor of the pinion cog "that V1 lacked" so it can climb better than my axle mount setup. It has a 5:1 trans, 11:44 gearing, for an actual 20:1 final drive ratio.

The gebe sheave has a virtual tooth count of two seventy something? I can't remember?

I'll go do my gearing calculations and start saving for a $800+ motobecane and a $200 velocity wheel.

LOL I still have my FD mount that I started with " modified for belt drive " I could use that, but its crude even by my standards.

14. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Ran across what looks like a disc brake lock plus it's an alarm w/batt backup. It was on ebay.........noise is a thiefs worst enemy. $15 per unit.