Motobecane 500ht + CY460R + SBP freewheel

I can only speak of the axle mounts performance since I'm not even really started on the center build. It was a single ratio. But I could take off without pedaling, though I never did as high as it was geared I didn't want to fry the clutch pads. A simple ratio change wasn't very simple on the axle mount so it was what it was. The 460 would pull 50+ top speed. And cruise 40+ easily at 10000ish rpm.

Alright so I'm messing with the motor & mount plate and I have a good idea what to do. I'll get a piece of 1" angle welded on the drive side, drill the 4 appropriate mount holes and the sbp adaptor will move side to side for chainline adjustments. Or I could make it weldless by slotting a 1" x 1.5" angle piece in the same area as the mount and bolt it to the plate

So if I put a flat plate in the fram like a 4 stroke mount could you put that motor on? That's how the pocket bike motor fits straight on the 4 stroke

Yes but the one i got from bike berry is a little narrow. I'm adding in a 1" angle to one side so mine works. It will have to be drilled even if its wide enough though. Easy enough for me, I have an old bed frame laying around somewhere lol.

Do you Think you might have to widen the pedals like a 4 stroke.? And yeah bed frames are grate half my skyline muffler is made from one so is the on my 2 stroke. I take it you have a welder.? I got a gas less mig for $150 so easy to use now I can make enything ha ha ha

No I don't have the space for all the tools I'd like to have, I'm in an apartment for the time being. I need to get another grinder, smoked mine last time I used it on my u bracket modification. Though I can weld, my dad taught me and he was an NDT welding inspector for the NAVY.

I'm just going to bolt the angle piece on to the mount using the slide bolts on the side.

Yes definitely wide bb cartridge. This isn't a narrow motor!

Well the bike and 5:1 trans showed up today. I tried to mount the 5:1 and had a clearance issue. 4 washers later, it clears the center bolt and it's spinning free. I mounted the bike berry HD plate and I need to grind out the seatpost side to match the angle of my frame. The down tube side matches pretty well. I'm debating whether or not to use some rubber strap in between the interface of mount and frame? The bb cartridge has been changed out to a sbp 203mm. And I got the sbp freewheel cranks as well as the freewheel adaptor, so I can use the best option to achieve this builds correct chain line.

Other than that. I have another piece of knowledge about the R460 + 5:1, this is a wide combo!!!! Center mount for this motor/ trans combo is gonna be a challenge.

I already had to add an additional 1" on one side of the mount plate just to mount the engine. This is still in the air because the mount holes are yet too be drilled, I haven't had the bike/ trans for more than 4 hours though. I still need to finalize where the motor/mount will actually live permanently and that is determined by where the sprockets end up.
IMG_20160229_163601356.jpg
IMG_20160229_174940654.jpg
IMG_20160229_174924742.jpg

Last edited:
Well I'm restless even though I have work in the am. Couldn't help myself. I had to get it to line up, so I grabbed the motor and some chain and I found a solution. If I space the secondary drive sprocket over about an inch :O so the cassette gears all/most work. Then the 54 tooth will be on the sbp freewheel cranks. To the 23t 2nd primary gear then 8 spd cassette.
IMG_20160229_230734359.jpg

Well Fastenal let me down today. I couldn't find the 7- 1.5" m5 bolts and spacers I need to get my freewheel/ engine lined up/ mounted. Boo! I was hoping to get it ready for fuel tonight.

As it stands I need those bolts/ spacers to go any further. The 54t is lined up with the 11t on the engine but I can't mount it without the missing hardware.

I need 7-1.5" m5 bolts, 5-1" AL spacers and 2- 1/2" AL spacers for m5 or comparable.

The 24t is way too far away from the lower gears to be operational. The 1" spacing will allow for most of the cassette gears to function I think.

Back