Motor bike = Freedom

retromike3

Local time
5:47 PM
I had to go to the hospital today and it was about 6 miles and it was all uphill from my house. It seems to me that the difference between my motor bicycle and my pedal bicycle is about the same between me just walking and my bicycle. On the ride up the hill I forgot that there was a false summit and if I was riding my regular bicycle I don't think I would've made it. The countryside which I am living right now is not designed for pedestrians or bicycles, but with my motor bicycle I can actually get places. I'm also not tired or worn out when I get there.

Last Saturday I crashed my bike and I think I cracked a rib or two. My motor bike is in much better shape than me right now. Today coming out of the store with Vicodin in my pocket I encountered a four-year-old kid who stared at my bike and pointed and said "cool, neat motorbike" over and over again. I just smiled and said "thanks".

Right now I am in no shape to ride my pedal bikes anywhere but I can still be mobile on my motorbike and it gets there effortlessly. Monday I found out that I can't go up the stairs leading with my left leg. If I do it feels like somebody took a white-hot poker and stuck it in my spine. Same thing goes for going down the stairs. Once I get outside on my bike the world changes, I'm going someplace! I still have little trouble with those first few peddle strokes but after I let out the clutch I'm off and running.

Since my tachometer died I can't tell how many hours I have on this particular build but I do know that for a few minutes during the day I don't feel like a cripple.

mike

Last edited:
Dude, go to the hospital or a physical therapy center t get your back checked out.... sounds like you might have done something there that might require some assistance. :D

That sounds like good advice, and that's why I rode to the hospital. Unfortunately the folks I have to deal with is Kaiser Permanente. (Sigh)
Lily Tomlin a comedian on laugh In used to say this about the phone company "We're the phone company,we serve kings and queens to the scum of the earth. We are the phone company we are too big to care"

mike

Last edited:
cowboy up

Last year took a similar fall; busted a rib right at the vertibra and
herniated my right kidney. However in the course of my existance,
I've probly more e.r. experience than most interns. As such, realizing
that I already owed my entire body to medical science, I decided,
in the interest of better medicine, to forgo any further treatment at
the hands of 'trained professionals' indefinitely!!
For the past 25 years I've set my own bones, stitched my wounds,
( fortunately they've all bin in places i cud reach so far), and pulled my
own teeth. I rekon I've spared the profession many hours of toil and
anguish at the hands of a difficult and obnoxious patient, whilst saving
myself hundreds of thousands in montrously over-padded bills.
Today I feel just fine.

Retro: I guess you don't have a car, because it wouldn't make sense to ride a motorbike with broken ribs and possibly fall and puncture a lung....

Rawly: Good lord, how did you pull you own teeth? You must have anastethic (sp) numbing meds right? My wisdom tooth is killing me right now....

I have been told

I have been told it only hurts for awhile, Dentistry without Anastasia has been available for a long time. Although I wouldn't necessarily recommend its practice today.
I'm looking at the screen through a pair of two new plastic corneas and I really think they fit me much better than a cane.

It's kind of hard to operate a motorized bicycle with the use of the guide dog. I have a feeling there would be problems with the leashes.

mike

Well.... since you asked, mbatl, ya take a large saltwater fishhook, sumpin
say for medium sized sharks and a good pair of fencing pliers. File off the barb.
gargle for a few minutes with an 8 oz. glass of 151 overproof rum as a local.
swaller the rum right fast ,and run that hook up under the tooth between the roots.
Get a death grip on that hook with dem pliers and yank fur all yur worth. Iffin it's
bad infected , that tooth'll come right out. Then pack the wound with some rum
soaked cotton cuz it's gonna bleed like crazy. You are then free to pass out.

2old,
Nuthin simpler, but I've yet to even consider it. It is my goal in life to father a
race of indestructable imbeciles to bring down civilization by sheer force of
ineptitude and lack of coordination. This new nation shall be known for politcal
folly so great that it will even exceed that of the current government. (Can such
a thing actually be possible?!!)
Yeah though I walk thru the valley of (mis)appropriations I shall fear no national
debt for the almighty federal reserve will always print more money forever and ever,
Amen.

Pedal a bike solely? Not after having a MAB. I like to pedal for the exercize but i let the motor do the work. No way in **** could I just pedal the 30 mile trips I take. With a MAB I like just taking my time and enjoy the ride=freedom.

Back