Motor Biking LARGE FILIPINO - tribute

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Mountainman, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

Motor Biking - Large Filipino

There's a motor biking man
    really big guy
    problem - help you if he can
    let him know - give him a try

see him riding down the trail
    nice to everyone
    doesn't raise _ell
    little motor does run

so sweet to the ear
    everyone's amazed
    no need to fear
    Large isn't dazed

keeping to his plan
    motor bike in hand
    Large is the man
    many understand

he wants to help you out
    make your motor run strong
    that's what it's all about
    he helps you ride along

Mountainman
    09-03-08​

Last edited: Sep 4, 2008

2. nice job mountainman. You couldnt have sumed him up better.

3. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

Uh, did Large pass away? I hope not.

4. kerf

kerf Guest

I think he's still here, don't know what kind of tribute that was.

5. Mountainman

The Large Filipino MB rider - after reading this -------- tribute it's called
    may be feeling a little shy - understandable - go easy
    given some time - he will be back around...

Happy Riding from - Mountainman

6. HAHA!! Thanks man! You made my day,really.
    I had a bit of a stressful day this morning but then papausaun and his brother showed up with the improvements to his brother's bike so sweet. Pics later.
    Yesterday because I felt like it I had some extra bread and cold cuts so I made 20 lunches and passed them out to the homeless on the trail on my way to dropping off my paperwork. Then I stopped at a friends house with a burned copy of a movie he's been wanting to watch. Then I rode thru downtown and had lunch at the Denver Skate park. kids were like giving me props on the bike. I decided not to take any film yesterday for I would feel rather weird filming me giving a lunch to a homeless guy so I let it go. Even though only one gave me a nod and the rest had this attitude like "You should have been here yesterday" it wasn't about that.
    Actually,I don't know what it was about.
    Ah heck. It's just sad to see all them make shift blanket homes.
    Thanks Mountainman. YOU RULE!!!

7. large we love you big guy

8. Skyliner70cc

Glad to hear that wasn't a memorial tribute. Love the approach in how you help the homeless. We occasionally do the same in lieu of giving money which is too risky given that many have alcohol problems.

9. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

Too cool!

No mention of lumpia, pansit or balut??!!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2008
  10. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

I'm glad this is not an actual "memorial" tribute.

I try to be a nice guy. And I'm pretty successful. But every now and then I'll run into someone who's got me beat; someone who does not seem to be prone to the "small-mindedness" that I sometimes descend into. I try to use these folks as guides to lead me to where I want to be. Large Fillipino has always seemed to be one of them.
    If he didn't live so far away, I would certainly try to make friends with him in person.

(And hello to Large Fil. Definitely glad to see that you are in a position to answer this thread.)

I'll throw out something else for consideration. I don't often have money to spare for panhandlers. But I'll give out a bit from time to time. And when I do I don't care if they're going to buy booze with it. If that's what they are craving to make their day a bit brighter, then I don't want to deny it to them. Whether they "ought" to have it or not is for them to decide.

11. Mountainman

yes -- bluegoatwoods

we can and should learn from watching other's
    especially those that are a fine example

and just an added plus when they are known to ride those THINGS

12. ZnsaneRyder

ZnsaneRyder Member

Large Filipino - The saint on the motorized tricycle!

13. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Large, you know me - I'm the guy that scared you senseless 4 years ago. I did it then because you had expressed a concern for your families privacy, and that's something I respect. I admire your attitude, and your willingness to help anyone who needs help you can give.

Just keep on being that really big kid you are in your heart - that guy who'll give you his lunch if you are hungry, who'll pick you up if you're down, and loves to play games for the joy of playing, and "winning" doesn't matter. In my book, that attitude makes you a winner always.

14. POPS

POPS Member

LARGE,You don't know me because I'm still a noobie but everything I've read about how you helping out here and out in the world is a big inspiration to Mumzie and me. We were truly touched about the bicycle thing at Christmas you did. And now the lunch thing. Good on you brother!!!! Mumzie and I try every year to do something for the homeless/less privelliged. We are not real well to do but we get by. Last year we made a bunch of treat plates for Christmas dinner,Tarts and stuff, and took them down to the Mustard Seed shelter for their dinner. It just feels good to give back just a little love! Anyway this is a tribute to you and not about us so we salute you and keep on keeping on spreading all the love...Mumzie and POPS

15. Mountainman

nicely said there Pops

it's early here on top the old mountain
    reading what you had to say there Pops reminds me
    I should do something for someone or ones today
    goal -- something each day -- or -- couple times a week -- or -- ??
    point would be -- do a little something

we have a small lake down the mountain -- Lindo Lake
    it's the only TRUE lake in San Diego -- all other lakes here are man made
    anyway -- a lot of homeless hang out at Lindo

one homeless lady who is seen walking all over town
    her legs are about the size of my wrist

ride the motor bike

16. POPS

POPS Member

Thanks Mountainman
    Mumzie and I always try to help when/where we can. It's carma, Goes around comes around. We always have good stuff happen to us so we make shure to share the wealth when we can. You Go MM and share. I guarantee you will go to sleep at night feeling warm and fuzzy inside and that is something you just can't buy like most of the great things in life! Mind you I would much rather be crying in a 2009 Vett than a 73 Dodge...LOL..POPS

17. Skyliner70cc

What happened to Large? Is he still alive? I miss his posts.

18. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

I see him on FaceBook so he is still into motorized bicycles.

19. Skyliner70cc

I don't do facebook, too bad he doesn't post here anymore.

20. Richard H.

Richard H. Member

True enough about LP. I often think that about quite a few of the innovators that used to frequent these pages on a daily basis, it was different back then.