Motor Mount Problems!!!!

jmr3394

Local time
3:26 AM
I have a grubee skyhawk 48cc and today i was riding and one of the long screw thing on the motor mount broke off and is gone for good. what do i do?????

Pictures would help. Do have one question at this moment....Did you install the motor with the parts as it came out of the box?

I have a grubee skyhawk 48cc and today i was riding and one of the long screw thing on the motor mount broke off and is gone for good. what do i do?????

do you have a good bolt or hardware store where you live???

They can sell you that stud fairly easy. You might want to upgrade to a higher grade stud while you are at it. Just take your motor in and look for an older guy. Show him what you have and what you are looking for. People our age will just look at you stupid or like you are a hassle.

They are easy to take out... you just screw one nut on. Screw another on top of it and then tighten them onto each other. it will give you something to put your wrench on to get it out.

Next time... like al said. Pictures always help.

Last edited:
First of all when you said it (the thing...what the He** is a thing) broke off and it's gone, does that mean JUST the bolt is gone or part of the engine mount broke off and went with the stud and nut.

If part of the engine broke, I feel it can be salvaged. I have never broke one, but went to my shop and thought how to save a broken mount. If it is the mount I'd bet it is the right side as that is the weak side. I have seen a few broken, and my feelings (they are well known on here) are that the engine wasn't mounted correctly and you didn't upgrade the hardware.

This is a rough prototype, and at midnight there are not too many stores open that I could get the material I wanted to use. So I just used what I had laying around.

In picture #1 is the right side which is the common side to break. As you can see I took a piece of flat metal and secured at the two case bolt holes. I braised a 3/4" X 3/4" 14 gage angle iron to the inside. This is evident in picture #2. In picture #3 you will see a red and blue arrow, the blue is where the mount breaks and the red is where a bolt will pass through and the head will be braised on the inside of the angle iron. Keep in mind I've never had a broken engine mount but from the looks of what I fabricated it will work. When installed the clamp will be on the outside of the angle iron...this is just so you can see it better. Trim it up..paint it, install it and I think you'd be good to go.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 293
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 281
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
Finished... the bolt is not braized at the moment tho...

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 236
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 234
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 240
I apologize. It was just the bolt that came off. The mount is fine but thanks for the help. Does anyone know what size bolt it is that I need?

Back