Clutch Motor squeals when clutch is engaged

kcpoloman

Local time
1:08 AM
I know this has already been answered somewhere. I searched and couldnt find an answer. Basically when I pull the clutch in I hear a squealing sound. I assume its related to the gearbox. Would tightening the clutch screw fix this? I dont wont to make an changes to it until I get some feed back from the many knowledgeable folks on here. The motor has about 300-400 mile on it. Thanks for help in advance.

wait, you're title contridicts your post, does it squeal when you pull it (to stop or coast) or does it squeal when engages (let out thus making you go)

if its the latter and its always done that the clutch just needs worn in. if it just started that means the clutch is slipping. do you pedal before you let out the clutch handle? with these little engines i always like to pedal 1st. it saves the clutch life sooooo much.

What I meant was when I pull the clutch lever in to disengage the motor, I hear the squealing sound.

I'd say you may need to grease the ball bearings under your clutch .That is what your clutch free wheels on as it spins. You have to remove the clutch.
Watch you don't lose them, they are just loose and go bouncy bounce. Use grease to hold them in place when putting it back together.

Thanks for all the solid info from everyone on here. I'll grease her up tommorrow when I get some free time.

Just an update. I checked out the clutch and couldnt see anything wrong with it. So I went to the other side of the motor and put some grease on the 10 tooth drive sprocket and surrounding parts and the sqeauling stopped. So the squealing it seems was coming from somewhere on the sprocket side. Such a small engine its hard to pin point where a noise like that is coming from but its fixed for now. Thanks to all for all those with input.

Back