Motor won't start 80cc

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by Anthony_small_motor, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Anthony_small_motor

Anthony_small_motor New Member

I recently bought a motorized bike that need some work. As of now after all the work i did it won't start and I'm thinking because of the clutch or spark plug. I can ride the bike normally and the engine wont make a sound.

2. Frankfort MB's

Frankfort MB's Well-Known Member

We need more information!!!

Is it getting spark???? Is it getting fuel? Air?
    Is the clutch lever pulled or not?

3. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

also, was it running when you bought it

4. Anthony_small_motor

No it was not running. It was not put togather enough. I put the carb. On and hooked up the throttle and choke. Then the clutch. Im still in need to buy a new spark plug but idk how to test a spark anyway. The clutch was pulled.and i opened the fuel for the brief time i was testing it to start.

5. Frankfort MB's

Frankfort MB's Well-Known Member

When your trying to start the motor your clutch cannot be pulled.

To test the spark plug take it out then pedal like your going to start and have your finger on the plug.
    If your plug is good then it will spark, if it doesn't then you need a new plug

6. Frankenstein

Frankenstein Active Member

Lord have mercy

Frankfort MB's likes this.
  7. Anthony_small_motor

Still no start just ordered some new parts only 10 dollars. But once again there is no thud of the motor when i do anything. Which b4 l loosened some things the wheel was stuck and would only move with the motors chain and would "thud" every time i could get the wheel to move. What even would you call the "thud".

8. Frankenstein

If the clutch is out then the thud is the engine turning over. Did you torque the headbolts down to 15ft/lbs each? Maybe take the head off and check the head gasket, if it's busted or torn then the engine can feel like it's impossible to start. Recently bought a motor which has a cracked head, it wouldn't start for nothing, cost me 50 bucks for the whole kit almost new, and it was an 8 dollar fix. Problem was he never torqued the head down, just let it go out of the factory box.

Look at head, and gasket, of they are messed up you'll need a new one of the broken, if nothings messed up, torque the head with a torque wrench, not by feel or by hand, to 15 foot pounds, there's a pattern to follow while tightening the head also

9. crassius

stop replacing parts till it is ready to ride - only then will you be able to tell what is needed

Frankfort MB's likes this.
  10. Frankenstein

It's not ready to ride, he apparently can't even get it started, but a thud sounds like he can apparently turn the engine over with relative ease by moving the back wheel, if it's sealed properly then it should be way harder to do that than its sounding

11. Ralord197769

Ralord197769 Guest

Keep it simple purchase a 2cycle manual.

12. crassius

OK, I'm confused - one must be riding the bike if trying to start it properly.

13. Frankenstein

I think what we are confused about is not the ability to physically ride on the bike, but being unable to start the bike, I say ride as in not being able to start the bike and use the motor to ride, otherwise I call it exercising.

To be honest, I'm having some difficulty understanding exactly what's wrong with his bike, his grammar is kinda not good... If he posted pictures and described the problem like that it would be helpful.

14. Frankenstein

I still can't tell if there is a thud or no thud, then he says something about a spark plug, for all we know he put a way too long spark plug in and it's stopping the piston from turning over completely or something. Maybe his clutch is broken, maybe it's too tight and it's not engaging the motor, maybe nothing is wrong at all and he just didn't flip the kill switch to run and it's being a pain.

15. crassius

I think I'm getting this one mixed up with one in which bike isn't put together yet.

16. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

motor handicapped people should stick to non-motorized bicycles

17. Frankenstein

Bingo

18. Frankenstein

Well bingo, but actually not so bingo? My sister knew next to nothing before I built her a motorized bike, in fact she had difficulty even adjusting her regular bike brakes before it...

Now she's riding around with a bag of tools fixing engine hassles all on her own, and it only took her 7 months to get the hang of it. Not bad really.

19. crassius

nothing wrong with being a noob - but it goes wrong fast when they fail to read & learn

20. Ahmad Darwish

Ahmad Darwish New Member

What sort of sound it making when you release the clutch, do you hear the piston moving inside?