Motor won't start 80cc

Anthony_small_motor

Local time
2:38 PM
I recently bought a motorized bike that need some work. As of now after all the work i did it won't start and I'm thinking because of the clutch or spark plug. I can ride the bike normally and the engine wont make a sound.

No it was not running. It was not put togather enough. I put the carb. On and hooked up the throttle and choke. Then the clutch. Im still in need to buy a new spark plug but idk how to test a spark anyway. The clutch was pulled.and i opened the fuel for the brief time i was testing it to start.

No it was not running. It was not put togather enough. I put the carb. On and hooked up the throttle and choke. Then the clutch. Im still in need to buy a new spark plug but idk how to test a spark anyway. The clutch was pulled.and i opened the fuel for the brief time i was testing it to start.
When your trying to start the motor your clutch cannot be pulled.

To test the spark plug take it out then pedal like your going to start and have your finger on the plug.
If your plug is good then it will spark, if it doesn't then you need a new plug

Still no start just ordered some new parts only 10 dollars. But once again there is no thud of the motor when i do anything. Which b4 l loosened some things the wheel was stuck and would only move with the motors chain and would "thud" every time i could get the wheel to move. What even would you call the "thud".

If the clutch is out then the thud is the engine turning over. Did you torque the headbolts down to 15ft/lbs each? Maybe take the head off and check the head gasket, if it's busted or torn then the engine can feel like it's impossible to start. Recently bought a motor which has a cracked head, it wouldn't start for nothing, cost me 50 bucks for the whole kit almost new, and it was an 8 dollar fix. Problem was he never torqued the head down, just let it go out of the factory box.

Look at head, and gasket, of they are messed up you'll need a new one of the broken, if nothings messed up, torque the head with a torque wrench, not by feel or by hand, to 15 foot pounds, there's a pattern to follow while tightening the head also

It's not ready to ride, he apparently can't even get it started, but a thud sounds like he can apparently turn the engine over with relative ease by moving the back wheel, if it's sealed properly then it should be way harder to do that than its sounding

Back