motorcycle builder here to learn :o)

gordonscott

Local time
6:23 PM
Hello everyone, my name is Scott and I'm new to motorized bicycles,looks like a blast! I have a small business making "one-off" handemade motorcycle parts, mostly exhaust and handlebars but some frames as well. Am going to build a board track style bike and am here to learn from the pro's, cant wait! here is a little of my work...

Attachments

• RESIZED.JPG
    RESIZED.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 152
  • CIMG3224.JPG
    CIMG3224.JPG
    232.1 KB · Views: 140
  • CIMG3229.JPG
    CIMG3229.JPG
    206.1 KB · Views: 145
welcome Scott

nice looking two wheels built there

it's going to be fun from up top this old mountain

watching you build a motorized bicycle

as we say around here -- have fun -- and ride that thing

Welcome aboard.

I really like that vertical twin you built. that's an old Yamaha XS 650 engine, isn't it?

I have a feeling we can expect a nice looking motor assisted bicycle from you.

Keep us posted, huh?

welcome aboard, I worked in a independent custom Harley shop building customs myself for 13 years

Later,
Randy

hello guys, thanks for the welcome. That is a xs650 motor! very reliable and cheep to build compared to the american alt, I use those motors all the time(have 5 of them) for my builds. I have found some beauitiful bikes here and some great talent for sure, I know what it takes to build a motorcycle from scratch and can realy appreciate the work some of you have in these bikes, much harder then it may look, and for a few bikes here they were no easier than building a full size motorcycle, I'm VERY impressed.

Attachments

• CIMG3686.JPG
    CIMG3686.JPG
    232.2 KB · Views: 119
hello guys, thanks for the welcome. That is a xs650 motor! very reliable and cheep to build compared to the american alt, I use those motors all the time(have 5 of them) for my builds. I have found some beauitiful bikes here and some great talent for sure, I know what it takes to build a motorcycle from scratch and can realy appreciate the work some of you have in these bikes, much harder then it may look, and for a few bikes here they were no easier than building a full size motorcycle, I'm VERY impressed.

one of my backups to my Harley as a teenager was a 1976 BiCentennial edition Yamaha 650 it was a great bike one of the few I wish I had kept. I had considered a chopper project using one just for a reliable daily rider as the Harleys are too expensive to maintain, all 4 of mine need extensive work with one needing case welding.

Randy

In case you missed this one?
RiquimbiliWhizBang.jpg
The big problem with replica builds is the motor looking like a motor. The 2 stroke looks like a motor until you fire it up and figure out real fast that it is a 2 stroke. The 4 stroke alternatives, except for the Whizzer motor shown here, all look industrial. Because that is the market they were originally made for.

At some point there will be a better looking 4 stroke made, how hard could it be for the right company, hear me Honda etc? Or Ridley to make a little V twin even? About the closest I have seen in 49cc that could be made available is this one:
04.jpg

Those are some nice welds but check these out:
DSC00748.JPG

Good luck and will look forward to seeing your posts here.

Hey Mabman, I am VERY new to all this but looks of the motor is the second thing I realized I had to overcome. That motor you show, what is that, Lifan? I like the way "I ridecustoms" did his Indian style bike, very clever with the motor mounting and all,looks bigger then it realy is. Oh ya, nice beads! I wasn't trying to show off with that picture of my weld, just trying to introduce myself quickly sort of speak:D and that BTR is very sharp, I was thinking something like this...

Attachments

• EMBLEM-TRACK-RACER.jpg
    EMBLEM-TRACK-RACER.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 185
Back