Motored Biking Racing in Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.
When they have these pre-fight interviews of the MMA fighters they do all kinds of trash talking to try to scare their opponent before the fight. That's more or less what the Endless Sphere folks wanted to do... but as they started to comprehend what they were getting themselves into they realized they were going to lose (and be embarrassed) if the race distance was too long.

I'm trying to think of a way to get the two "tribes" together in such a way that each side can compete and feel they had a fair chance in the event. Tight tracks rely heavily on traction, so if the power levels are pretty similiar between ICE and electric they might do similiar lap times.

------------------------------

I can recall a race (years ago) at Sears Point Raceway where one guy chose to ride a 250cc GP bike and another rode a 1000cc Superbike. The two bikes made very similar lap times and in the end the race was decided by a pass on the last lap. But the Superbike had a lot more power down the straights and the GP bike was faster in the turns. They were radically different machines, but on that day with those bikes they made a spectacular race. Ideally that's what would be great to see in Arizona at the "Death Race".

Last edited:
Safe, ES members simply asked for CLARIFICATION on distance how in farks name is that being embarrassed about losing, you never cease to amaze me at your degree of bool**** pal. If you had ever raced anything competitively you would know you need to prepare a machine for certain tracks, how can that be done with no specific race distances given? I'm sure you going to tell us it can so break out the useless graphs and spreadsheets to show us im sure your dying to.

KiM

Pity picking out others spelling mistakes appears to be where your talents stop isn't it :-S

Well, I thought it was kind of funny that in trying to insult me by sarcastically calling me a "genious", you misspelled the word genius. I'm sure the others here are getting a chuckle out of it too.

I'm sure I have had my fair share of spelling and grammatical errors, but if I am trying to "one up" someone on a forum, I'll try and make sure I don't make any stupid mistakes.

I'll let you electric guys continue rip each other apart, no need for me! :)

Last edited:
The "Death Race" is an ICE race.

Since this is where the people involved in the race are registered it's the place that will get noticed by those sponsoring the event.

The fact remains... electric is more sensitive to range issues and since the "Death Race" is defined as a race with unlimited range it means that electric can't realistically compete.

-----------------------------------

The sponsors are sure to be pondering the issues and will make a decision... and that decision might be to not make any special efforts to include the electric bikes. (especially if they feel that people from Endless Sphere are all annoying)

So in effect AussieJester you are "representing" Endless Sphere when you post here.

------------------------------------

The latest ideas at Endless Sphere are to start their own racing league and so that's where it might go. If anyone has been following the TTXGP at the Isle of Mann and the following breakup of the racing leagues you can see how quickly chaos can overcome these things. There are now three different electric motorcycle racing organizations (going from 0-3 in a year) so the same sort of fragmentation could happen here.

The problem with fragmentation is that it divides resources and right now there aren't that many motorized bikes of either category. So there are advantages to working together for a unified racing organization that includes both ICE and electric bikes.

--------------------------------------

I think what is needed is a leader of the two "tribes" to discuss the issues in private and come to some mutual understanding. Someone from Endless Sphere needs to make direct contact with the sponsor of the "Death Race" and negotiate with them.

The organisers CLEARLY STATED the race was open to e-bikes as well as stink bikes Safe YOU are the one making it out as an ES vs Moteredbikes YOU were the one that posted here FIRST that ES members were planing to "invade" the party THEY HAVE e-Bikes e-bikes WERE invited you peanut. It has NOTHING to do with ES v's Motoeredbikes SpookyTooth are the organisers of the even Safe NOT motoredbikes, you trying to make it out as a rivalray between two unternet forums get a clue, there are members here with e-bikes too remeber, are they also now 'the bad guys' to are they.. I am representing e-bikes NOT a forum i don't own a forum i own an e-bike and my mate Luke happens to be riding in the race, one last time to get it through your oh so thick alcohol affected brain, ITS NOT ENDLESS SPHERE against MOTREREDBIKES jeeeesus...

KiM

Last edited:
Does Endless Sphere have a section for ICE bikes?

. I'm sure the others here are getting a chuckle out of it too.

small things amuse small minds i guess... Some would call you a 'spelling nazi'

Safe...what does it mater?!?! the event ISNT organised by either forum its organised by SpookyTooth. Its for e-bikes and ICE bikes to run around a go kart track YOU are the one making out its a Endless Sphere V's MotoredBikes.com forums ONLY YOU NEWS FLASH Safe, you also have NOTHING to do with organising the event so it doesn't matter a flying fark what you say or think, you unsuccessfully tried for 4 years to get EBRR off the ground FAILED miserably not s single person was interested in your idea, now someone else that has had success COMBINING both types of motored bikes SURPRISE SURPRISE here's Safe jumping on the bandwagon making out he has some say in how it all is run :: clap clap clap :: Once again Safe attempts to push his own agenda in someone elses thread.. One more time Safe...There are members here with e-bikes ever stop to think in between swigs of the Budweiser that they too might be competing to hrmz??

KiM

So the answer is "No" Endless Sphere does not have an ICE section.

We can logically conclude that ICE based motorized bike riders like the one's that post here and are likely to run in the "Death Race" would never even know that Endless Sphere existed if mention wasn't made that they were talking about the event.

Therefore...

I connected the dots for the benefit of the growth of motorized bicycle racing by making the two forums aware of each other. (which they now are)

The very fact that you are back here huffing and puffing about who has the right to an opinion suggests that my connecting of the dots was a success. Had I not started the thread you would have not bothered to come here. (not that I wanted you back, but that's how it happened)

The more annoyed you are the more certain it worked. :)

--------------------------------------

So all the formalities are over... the sponsors are sure to know the issues that Endless Sphere had about race distance and they will decide what to do now that they are fully informed.

All worked out well...

O.K. back to the subject of this thread......

Everything is invited to race. Those that went last year, what is a good configuration to run and be competitive? Does a rack system on a beach cruiser have a chance? I know that is a subjective question. Does it have a chance at having fun? Yes, I'm sure it does. Does it have the ability to keep up and not get embarrassed? (that is the question behind the question)

Also, what are the accommodations like? Any camping facilities near by?

I have a question too...

Since in Arizona the laws say that gas and electric bikes are legal as long as they go 20 mph maximum (the same as the Federal Ebike Law) are all these bikes going to be running that slow?

I went to the Spooky Cycles forum and there are people there complaining of getting tickets for speeds of above 20 mph so it looks like it's not physically being prevented by the technology.

All I'd want to know is what the top speeds are?

(since it's a racetrack it would seem that no speed limits would be in effect)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back