Motorized bike not running

boogster

Local time
4:10 AM
We have one of these bikes and put about 100 miles on it. it lost about 30% power and then stopped all together and will not restart. We have checked for spark , fuel flow , and air flow and it has all three. We replaced the Magneto and the cdi. Also anytime when we try to start it, regardless of fuel setting, it continues to flood motor. Finally we have tried 3 different carburetors on it and no results. Any ideas?

loss of power before failure is almost always a gasket or seal failing - most usual is the head gasket leaking which will be found by looking for oil seeping between the head & cylinder

If that is the case, simply throwing another head gasket on the engine will either prove or disprove the theory.

It's a quick and simple and cheap theory to test.

Thx guys. i will check the head gasket. Btw its a friends bike and i have one and we run 50:1 oil to gas and we use Saber Professional oil and i have over 2000 miles on mine and it runs like a champ. i just couldnt figure out why it would flood every time(by it i mean his bike not mine).

How is it flooding, what makes you think that's the issue. 3 different carbs, that's a tuff one. Can the carb breathe properly through the air intake/filter with no leaks? Choke open all the way?..........................

Its the issue. we pull the plug after each run and its soaked and black. We have the air filter completely taken off for unrestricted air flow. yes choke is open all the way

look for blown gaskets around the intake plenum, the cylinder base, and the crankcase

are you giving it gas while trying to start it?

Back