Motorizedbikes better than motorcycles because,...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by grinningremlin, Jan 19, 2013.

1. grinningremlin

grinningremlin Active Member

Had a little inspiration for a tongue-in-cheek list why I prefer MAB's to motorcycles/scooters.Add yours.

1) I can pick it up with one hand
    2) I store it in the house (enclosed porch)
    3) It costs next to nothing if I don't ride it (no insurance/reg)
    4) Like a bird, it has two forms of locomotion
    5) Once built, costs little to maintain all of which I can do
    6) Quite whimsical
    7) Quite utilitarian
    8) I get into what I call "VW mode" riding, you can't go fast, so relaxxxx
    9) The little kids gawking
    10) Gets me biking 10 times more than usual
    11) Grocery runs are fun, instead of a chore
    12) I've driven minibikes to tractor-trailers, I feel more in tune with the MB
    13) They are still obscure, not a corrupted product, more personality
    14) Low footprint, high savings
    15) Shortcuts shortcuts shortcuts

2. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

I smile with joyous enthusiasm when riding my bicycle uphill, towing 6 trailers in heavy haul, which would only put a motorcycle in a death spiral tailspin.
  3. Richard H.

Richard H. Member

Apples and oranges, each has a place but one is not going to replace the other.

Try taking a chick for a ride on an MAB.
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
    JapanStunnaz likes this.
  4. DoIt AllPauls

DoIt AllPauls Member

I had mine next to a nice Motorcycle while I was putting my 3 locks on Killer, I had 2 different people stop ask about it ,not even looking or saying any thing to the man on the motorcycle and even the man on the Motorcycle asked me about it and loved it , said he really liked my MB.
    Said when I was riding up he seen my spoke lights, he really liked the lights on the spokes said they looked so cool all the different shapes and colors asked where, I got them, I told him you can get them at Walmart for $20.00 each or do like I did ebay for $8.00 each of eBay

I get so may t kids and or dads and even moms/women ask me about my MB.
    And even women that does not like motorcycles likes MB's because they are so cool
  5. Samdallas214

Samdallas214 Member

I have been stopped two times now just for the cop,get out of the car come up to me never asking for an ID just to ask me about my MB and were I got it.
    Now can you say that about a Motorcycle,1 did ask if it was under 50cc and yes it is .
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  6. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

I have had similar experiences but most surprising is that women just love my motorized bicycle to bits, and it starts more conversations than would seem possible.
    I would have thought the opposite to be true but guys dressed in spandex; riding their outrageously expensive mountain bikes, do their very best to look disinterested, yet they are massively envious, not only of the bike but the fact that i have a group of women talking to me, and they are totally disinterested in his ordinary (but expensive) mountain bike.

The other situation is women who are riding with their boyfriend on matching his and hers bikes. Most of the time the lady in question has no real interest in riding the bike, even less so when her boyfriend is miles in front and she is struggling to get the d.a.m.n bike up a hill, yet she's only out there to show off her smoking hot body in overly tight spandex that's two sizes too small.
    I remember one situation where i rode past just such a couple (going uphill on a bike trail) and heard the lady yell out tersely to her boyfriend """Brendon i want a bike with an engine on it"""

Over and over again i'm surprised at how much women like my motorized bicycle, and it's translated into tangible results, if you follow my direction of thought.
    The outcomes stated one line above have never happened on any of the motorcycles i've ever owned.
    locksmith likes this.
  7. roughrider

roughrider Member

To this list I would add: I built it myself. It's a one of a kind. (Actually, I'm currently building it, and when finished, it will be one of a kind. Sort of. I hope. I wish. :thinking: )

While I'm currently customizing a motorcycle too, it's not the same thing. Moto-bikes are in a state of rapid evolution, I think, because they are so cheap, so you can really mess around with new ideas.
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  8. Lee_K

Lee_K Member

I use my MAB for exercise, I rode it 1000 miles last year. On flat roads or without head wind I turn the motor off. When the going gets tough, I fire up dady's little helper.

I rode my motorcycle less than 1000 miles in the last 10 years.

The best reason is that I can bring it into my basement and work on it during the winter.
  9. grinningremlin

Ahh come on man, it's a goof for smiling.Anyway a girl on the bike would slow me down too much (not to mention the MPG loss!) UNLESS she could fit in one of the panniers, but we are then talking about a sub-munchkin.
  10. Richard H.

Richard H. Member

Or maybe you don't like girls, lol.
  11. grinningremlin

I think he doth protest too much,... you wanna go for a ride Sugar??
  12. Ludwig II

Ludwig II Member

Whilst I doubt it will ever happen for me, I must now keep this page away from my wife, or I'll be instantaneously guilty.
  13. Anton

Anton Administrator Staff Member

Definitely 1). I like how you can pick them up and put them in the back of your car.

What about the fun factor? It's a completely different thrill on a motorized bike compared to a motorbike. It always makes me smile when I ride!
  14. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

It's something that can't be appreciated until you build one and ride it, then make the necessary reliability improvements and functionality improvements, through your own ingenuity and handy work; giving great satisfaction when it all works to perfection.
    5-7HEAVEN likes this.
  15. fm2200

fm2200 Member

I raced motorcycles, still have a Triumph, Bonneville 1969 love it still. Also love the look and feel of my three mb's, there's no power play, but very cool to ride, get smiles all the time. Only other bikers like my Triumph and because it's vintage they think I'm cool. That Gremlin guy said it all, he's one guy I wish I knew, salt of the earth. I think anyone that ride mb's are real nice people, some are not, I'm sure, but overall as a group I would say there down to earth. Just be real careful riding these mb's, I almost got hurt quite a few times, the driver's over where I am don't respect other cars let alone an mb.
  16. grinningremlin

Yup, motorcycles are cool, just can't afford them.Your Triumph, where I grew up (Sbdo CA) there was a dude that had a Triumph (had the funky turned down bars) he would do these three to four mile wheelies at 60mph, as kids we all thought he was some superhero.
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  17. Saddletramp

Saddletramp Member

I make SUV drivers cry when I fill up and they hear, Well heres another 125 miles. 3.05 please. $15.00 on gas, 4.00 on oil, Per Month. rest is pure fun.
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  18. Samdallas214

Samdallas214 Member

so true Saddletramp

So true when I go to the register and pay for $1.50-$2.00 in gas and say I'm going to fill it up I get some of the strangest looks,.
    I always ask when is the last time you could fill up your ride for $1.50-$2.00

19. jmsmedia

jmsmedia New Member

I was rideing behind 8 Harleys,hugh, motorcycles-in a 25 mph zone When suddenly a group of kids 10 kids came running out to the road. They ranted and said ,look at that!!! . I noticed they were talking about my electric bicycle and never paid attention to big harleys-lol
  20. Ludwig II

Ludwig II Member

I was at an air show years ago, there were big things, fast things, loud things. What stole the show was an old Fieseler Storch WW2 spotter plane. It drifted in on the breeze, landed almost vertically, took off the same, all so delicate and dainty. It was the contrast that did it; you stand out by not playing big loud games.