motorizing Schwinn Meridian Trike

JonDavis

Local time
1:32 PM
Hi, I am Jon Davis of Tulsa OK. I am a retired engineer and almost 2 years ago I modified a Schwinn Meridian trike using the Staton-inc gearbox. I believe I was the first to do this trike. I corresponded with Staton and purchased a lot of the mod parts from them. At that time they did not have a a freewheel adapter to fit the 17mm shaft so I bored out the 5/8" to fit. They now have done this and can help people without a lathe at home. I bet now you can get every piece to do the mod.

I now have over 4000 miles on my trike and have used it as my only transportation for over 1 1/2 years. I just found the thread on this trike mod this morning and though I would be a good contributer of both solutions and problems.

Although I was not allowed in the group I will moniter it's progress. Eventually they will face the same problems that I have and give input on their solutions.

The problem I'm working on now is to make a stronger dive wheel. With heavy use the wheel will break spokes frquently.

Thanks
Jon Davis, Tulsa OK

Jon.
welcome to MBc. Good to have another trike rider.

Although I was not allowed in the group I will moniter it's progress. Eventually they will face the same problems that I have and give input on their solutions.
after making your intro post here, you should be able to post every where else on the board.
we welcome your input.

Back