Motors that will mount onto a 49cc chinese kit

powerstroke

Local time
7:05 PM
I would like to purchase a 49cc 4 stroke kit from ebay, that looks like this: http://t4bmotorsports.com/uploads/Products/product_447/004.JPG I'm sure a lot of you have experience with these.

So basically I need a MB very soon, don't have much money and need reliability. Yeah, not the greatest mix.

I would like to purchase the 4 stroke kit, use it for a while until I can afford a more reliable engine like a small honda or something that will last much longer. I will replace the motor when the chinese one starts having problems which I'm sure it will after many miles.

So what engines will actually fit into the setup of the mounting plate, cables and chain and where can I get them? I don't mind anything over 50cc. I don't have a welder or any metalwork tools. I might be able to do something with a mates tools but would like to avoid that for the time being.

Cheers

You can probably drill new holes in that engine mount plate to fit the future motor. It shouldn't be a big deal.

That HS motor will outlast your interest this hobby maybe, those are great quality motors. Its the rest of the kit you might have problems with quality. Hondas aren't bullet proof. My gx 35 after sitting all winter the carb took a dump on me and had to replace it, just saying.

Be warned that the chain drive pocket bike gearbox in the kit you
link to is junk and not very reliable.
That is why the dishonest sellers hide the gearbox in the pics.

That 50 cc Huasheng motor is a good copy of a Honda GXH 50.
The gearbox is the weak link.

The 50cc 4 stroke Grubee 4G is the best kit but will cost more.

Back