Engine Trouble Mounting issue/losing bolts

Soflowrider

Local time
1:06 PM
I've had my kit now for 2 months and I have broken a few bolts and sometimes they fall out. I use the blue lock tight when i install the bolts and usually wait till next day to ride it so it has time to cure. I am using the U-bolt style front mount with no rubber between the frame and the mount but there is a little bit between the I lots and the frame. I have had this happen to me about 5 times now, Not sure if the issue is with the chain being to tight, if the engine has to much torque or what the issue is. My only other option is to go with a CNC mount or buy a gas frame from a local shop in SFL. Any one have any ideas what may be causing the issue?

generic answer sounds like not a flush mounting between engine and bike. i think it would help if u show pictures of both your front and back engine mount.

put a pace of PVC between motor & rear frame - make sure motor sits tight in frame before even putting nuts on the studs (no amount of tightening will stretch the motor to fit)

when seated nicely, start tightening nuts - remember, the goal is for the motor to be tight, when it is, stop tightening nuts

Back