mounting motor to frame?

I got a grubee skyhawk and the front mount wont fit my bike because the frame does not have the standard sized tubing like really old bikes. I have seen people use a little plate of metal that is connected to the mount and it sits on the tube, but how does it work?
I had an older Royce Union MB, the down tube was a little larger than 2.75'' in diameter. I used a 4.25 x 4.25 plate .25 thick and drilled 4 holes (2 for motor and 2 for U bolt) I used an exhaust clamp 2.75'' for the U bolt. I set the plate flush with the bottom of the engine mount for the engine mount holes (you can go in board a little more if you like) then I used a 3/8 washer to get in board distance for the U bolt holes. I mounted my adapter plate up (U bolt above engine mount toward the exhaust) after mounting I marked the plate and trimmed for a cleaner look. NO drilling of down tube!!!

I am using a different puter but I do have pics that I mailed to myself in yahoo & msn. I have posted some carb pics in the past, But having trouble posting my bike pics (ex bike, stole in Vegas)

What I usually do if I want a pic in the text of my message, rather than have the pic hosted elsewhere, I attach it in 'Advanced' reply, then copy the shortcut to the attachment and paste it into a set of img tags. (Replace the following curly brackets with square brackets):- {img}http://...etc...{/img}
Does that help?

... Steve

I'm not a wizz at this, I use Paint on my lap top. Sometime I get lucky.
Paint, Click on picture for Paint, Image, Resize/Skew try 50 - 80,
Save picture, (My Bike001, My Motor002, MotorBike008)
( C:\Users\...\MotorBike\008 )
Attach Files, Manage Attachments, jpeg, C:\Users\...\MotorBike008

Play with Your Reply to Thread: type something, Additional Options, Attach Files, see what it looks like. Preview Post. Don't Submit Reply just see how it looks. Go to your back botton to get out!

Good Luck!
... Jim

I'm not a wizz at this, I use Paint on my lap top. Sometime I get lucky.
Paint, Click on picture for Paint, Image, Resize/Skew try 50 - 80,
Save picture, (My Bike001, My Motor002, MotorBike008)
( C:\Users\...\MotorBike\008 )
Attach Files, Manage Attachments, jpeg, C:\Users\Owner\Pictures\MotorBike008

Play with Your Reply to Thread: type something, Additional Options, Attach Files, see what it looks like. Preview Post.
Don't Submit Reply just see how it looks. Go to your back botton to get out!

Good Luck!
... Jim

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 206
Jim, I PM'd Dan. The problem is getting the pics from webmail onto his computer.

Dan (and others), even in Webmail, just right-click on the pic while you're viewing it, then select 'Save Picture As' or similar. Save to 'My Pictures' or browse to location. ie Desktop.

... Steve

Jim, I PM'd Dan. The problem is getting the pics from webmail onto his computer.

Dan (and others), even in Webmail, just right-click on the pic while you're viewing it, then select 'Save Picture As' or similar. Save to 'My Pictures' or browse to location. ie Desktop.

... Steve

OK I get it... it's to early for me. :geek: Haha!
Thanks Steve

... Jim

Back