Ms390 piston rings

Copygod69

Local time
5:39 PM
I am looking at the measurements and they should fit but could I throw these on the piston for the 49mm iron bore

As long as the rings are the same thickness, yes. Just make sure to check the end gaps.

Also, those are iron rings, not steel. The word "ductile" being the giveaway.

You can buy them on Amazon.

It isn't as easy as matching up the bore to another bore. You have height and thickness. 47mm-48mm bores are 47mm/48mm x 2mm x 2mm. The 49mm is 49mm x 1.5mm x 2mm.

If you're not using a ring that matches the thickness and height, you're going to experience blowby.

Also if you're interested, I have a brand new 49mm top end for sale, with the head included. I bought the engine for my MS440 build and enough top ends. Cylinder will be cleaned out prior to being shipped and an be ported to a specific timing for more.

Attachments

• 49mm engine.jpg
    49mm engine.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 53
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
You can buy them on Amazon.

It isn't as easy as matching up the bore to another bore. You have height and thickness. 47mm-48mm bores are 47mm/48mm x 2mm x 2mm. The 49mm is 49mm x 1.5mm x 2mm.

If you're not using a ring that matches the thickness and height, you're going to experience blowby.

Also if you're interested, I have a brand new 49mm top end for sale, with the head included. I bought the engine for my MS440 build and enough top ends. Cylinder will be cleaned out prior to being shipped and an be ported to a specific timing for more.
Is that a YD/LD100?

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Is that a YD/LD100?
Nope. YD/LD is a 50mm bore. The 49mm is the 72cc "100cc"

I bought the top end back in April when Samger was selling them for $20. The CDH Iron Sleeve is literally just this engine's top end. Magically, CDH sells the head separately for $36, the cylinder kit for $50, and the only bottom end listing for a 66cc/69cc is from that engine.

As of right now, the only and cheapest way would be to buy it from China for $35 shipped. Next up would be from CDH as the "Iron Sleeve" for $50. Plus, they don't clean it out for you either, but I will 😉

The 49mm out of box is horrible. The timing on it is so bad that there is no recorded data for durations that low. The port map isn't from this engine, but this is the port map to my current 49mm top end and what I turned it into. Once I did that, it was a real beastalinni.

Attachments

• 49mm engine.jpg
    49mm engine.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 49mm port map.png
    49mm port map.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 48
Back