Exhaust muffler cap

noble b

Local time
3:31 AM
went for a long ride today and my muffler cap fell off and ran over it and bent it all to ****. so can you buy a new cap and where can i get one or do i have to buy a whole new muffler? if i do have to buy a new muffler is there a better one that this wont happen again. i have a grubee 66cc if anyone can help.

I have not seen muffler caps sold separately. However, I have seen members improvise a muffler cap from the end of a soda can. Worth a try.

At $20 - $30 for a complete new muffler, isn't it far easier to just go out and get a new muffler and be done with it - no messing or mucking about.

Unscrew two bolts, remove old muffler; install new muffler; tighten two bolts and it's "job done".

yea 20 30 bucks a week of waiting for the part and 13 bucks shipping. its worth the coke can just to quite that noise not to mention the money. im just trying to see all if there was something else i could do. but bent the cap back and it works just fine.

I have waited 6 years for a marriage proposal because i believe in equality and refused to do it first.
Waiting 1 week for shipping is hardly stressful and a muffler is cheaper by many orders of magnitude than marriage (remind me to never do it again); a motorised bicycle by far the better option for life long happiness!

I have not seen muffler caps sold separately. However, I have seen members improvise a muffler cap from the end of a soda can. Worth a try.

hey mate, my mate used deoderant cans bit more thicker, but yeah cut the top bit off at like 3qauters way and use the top of the deoderant can, not sure how he done it but take out the little nossel bit the cap sits on so the the top of the deoderant can has a little hole. then he used one of them round clamps to hold it on, made it quieter sounds good and will hope up untill you get a new exhuast, ive got a exspanion chamber and sounds great has no cap that comes off and performes great :)

if you want to cap it with a soda can:
Choose a can that tapers a bit at the top, to provide a tight fit.
Saw off the drinking end of the can; 2 or 3 inches from the top.
Drill a hole in the center of the top of the can; the bolt that held on the original
end cap will pass through it.
Insert the original bolt through the soda can lid and into the muffler and tighen it to secure the soda can end cap. It should seal as you tighten the bolt.
You may have to butcher a few soda cans before you get it a good fit and sound level.

There is a post on the site about it somewhere so I'll look for it.

I know mufflers don't cost much, but it is fun to repair the motorbikes with things we have laying arounf in the garage.

if you're going to spend the money on a new muffler, just wait and buy an expansion chamber.
For a little more money than a stock muffler, you will get more ooomph out of your engine.
of corse, it'll be a little louder, but with the right muffler on the end of an expansion chamber, it'll sound really good.

Back