Muffler Gasket

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ezrider, May 23, 2016.

1. ezrider

ezrider Member

On some kit manuals tutorials steps, they show installing a muffler gasket...between the muffler and the engine. Others do not. Is it necessary ??

2. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

2-stroke motors need a gasket - preferably fiber type without the metal covers on outside

3. erider

erider Guest

When you go over to Bikeberry, the installation guide lists 21 parts in the guide. The muffler gasket is neither shown or listed. Just check out their manual:

Installation and Operating Manual

_

4. butre

butre Well-Known Member

usually when you get the motor the gasket is already stuck on the studs. if you don't have an expansion chamber, an exhaust leak isn't a big deal, it's just going to get your engine dirty.

5. 45u

45u Active Member

YES

6. Hello Moto!

Hello Moto! Active Member

I would definitely use a gasket. Buy one or make one. Every time I remove my muffler I have to replace the gasket because they get baked on and pretty much fall apart. I'm left then with scraping the sh!t off the port and the muffler. What a pain in the ass!

7. 45u

45u Active Member

If you use a good gasket that is made for the job this will not happen. What do you make your gaskets out of?

8. Hello Moto!

These are the ones I've been usin other than the ones that came with the kit. http://www.ebay.com/itm/231805051225?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

The gasket I made out of thinner gasket material not cork. I haven't removed the muffler since I put on the one I made so I'm not sure if that one is gonna be baked on or not.

If you can recommend a better quality pre-made gasket or gasket material, I'm open to suggestions.

9. 45u

45u Active Member

That is pretty much what I use. Is the one you made, made out of something that will with stand high heat? How much time do you have on it. Hay if it works go for it. I try and keep about 5 gasket kits handy and many individual gaskets as well. They are something you always use and I hate waiting on parts.

10. Hello Moto!

I hope so lol. I'm gonna be removing it here soon because I have a tiny leak. Not enough to drip but when I run my finger under the gasket there's some residue. So we'll see what kind of condition it's in when I remove it. It looks fine from what I can see though.

45u likes this.
  11. 45u

45u Active Member

I only have 3 or 4 gallons run throw my first. Other then the pipe coming lose once I have not had a problem YET. LOL

12. Hello Moto!

13. 45u

45u Active Member

All gasket paper I used for high heat places said it was for high heat. Maybe I over looked it on the listing but I did not see where it said. If it is working that is all that matters. How much run time do you have on the gasket. Just curus.

14. Hello Moto!

Only about 25-30 miles. Just noticed the leak yesterday after a quick check. I've had this gasket on since the little mishap on my trip to the Marlboro man lol.

15. Hello Moto!

Honestly I don't know if it's for high heat either man but I'll find out soon enough. Seems fine though. Sorry for the double post.