Muffler leaking fuel/oil after every ride

wrightmor

Local time
12:43 AM
Got this new motor for Christmas and pulled my old one replacing it with this. Good feature with new motor is the nicer carb and little choke lever on handlebars as opposed to being on carb under seat.

Runs good now that I worked the bugs out and got the idle speed and think I have the mixture screw adjusted pretty close. But I notice when I finish my ride and park bike, there is always just a drop or two of oil that leaks out of muffler. I have started taking a paper towel and wiping the tip of the muffler before leaving it. Then there is no residue on my floor. Don't know if the muffler is pouring oil while I ride or not. Motor, itself, is still clean. No apparent leakage or rupture (Thank God).

So what's going on? Should I be concerned? Or just continue to wipe the baby after each ride.

This is normal for a 2 stroke, nothing to worry about.
once you decrease your gas/oil ratio to like 32:1 (assuming that you are running it at 20:1 for break in), you will see less oil drip from the exhaust.
it isn't uncommon for a 2 stroke to spray a fine mist of oil out of the exhaust as you ride.

Back