Muffler Screw?

stars

Local time
2:48 AM
I need to find a place i can buy the intake muffler screw because my broke off. i cant find it online no where. Any Ideals i was thinking maybe Homedepot but im not sure they sell it here a picture of it.

Attachments

• Picture0002.jpg
    Picture0002.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 425
if you got the old one out it is same 6x1.0 thread as many of the bolts in the kit - saw the head off a long bolt or go to store & buy a 6x1.0 bolt and saw that off

I don't think home depot does that. You can cut it off in about 2 minutes with a $3 hacksaw, also from home depot.

It's hard to find metric threaded rod at big box home improvement stores.

ok so all i need is a hacksaw & a screw and i can do this myself? if yes what screw will i need so i can get it tomorwow

any 6mm bolt 2 inches or longer will do the trick.

One thing I just thought of, is there still a bit of screw stuck in the engine? you'll have to get it out if there is.

Aww have similiar issue. The left threaded screw and bolts fell off. I was able to tighten the right threaded screw and bolts tight. So I need a 6mm threaded screw should fit. Then cut off head of screw and bolt? Is that correct?

Home Depot or Low
I need to find a place i can buy the intake muffler screw because my broke off. i cant find it online no where. Any Ideals i was thinking maybe Homedepot but im not sure they sell it here a picture of it.
Home depot or Lowes buy all my fasteners there they have it.

Word of advice: if you want to prevent your exhaust studs from breaking you MUST rig some kind of bracket to hold and stabilize the exhaust. The two little studs cannot support the exhaust. Over time, the engine vibrations will break them.

Get some of that muffler strapping - long rolls of malleable metal with predrilled holes - and wrap the exhaust to the frame. Your exhaust studs may get loose, but they will not break.

Back