Must Look 212cc build! (Scarlet Fever)

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by hellbound212, Jun 11, 2014.

1. hellbound212

hellbound212 New Member

hello everyone im new and would love so feedback.:eek:

Attached Files:

2. butterbean

butterbean Well-Known Member

Can't see much from those angles.

3. tigatron

tigatron Member

I agree need better pics.

4. butre

butre Well-Known Member

I want to love it but I need to be able to see it first. These pictures aren't very good.

5. hellbound212

hellbound212 New Member

my apologizes, will be posting better pics asap!:icon_cry::ack2:

6. hellbound212

hellbound212 New Member

she is coming together, have some chain binding issues but nothing i cant figure. Stay tuned for more.!:evilgrin::D

Attached Files:

7. tigatron

tigatron Member

That's a big tank. What's it from?

8. hellbound212

hellbound212 New Member

i got it for 5 bucks at the outdoor swapmeet, i thing its an 80 series yamaha tank.

9. cpuaid

cpuaid Member

nice job welding the additional frame reinforcements. its going to be a beast. if people ask you why you're building it, tell them just because you can. looking good!

10. hellbound212

hellbound212 New Member

thank you for the support, im a lone ranger when it comes to fabricating, very few of my friends know the feeling when something you made is rolling down the road because of you! posting more pics today!:ack2:

11. hellbound212

hellbound212 New Member

stay tuned.!

Attached Files:

12. hellbound212

hellbound212 New Member

update for everyone, scarlet is coming along very nice.!
    chain ring is giving me problems still, found a genuine vw oil cap that fit my gas tank which is a +!!! im a volkshead by heart so love to reuse parts.
    all together i have about 200 dollars and 3 weeks of labor in this beauty.
    anybody ever run the bell speedo and know if they work at high speed?:confused:

Attached Files:

13. tigatron

tigatron Member

14. hellbound212

hellbound212 New Member

great news, got the back tire spining today, gonna get the rim trued tomorrow.!
    still undecided if im gonna run the drag brake on the jackshaft yet, any feedback?:ack2:

15. tigatron

tigatron Member

How's the bike coming?

Could you post a side shot with both wheels on?

16. butterbean

butterbean Well-Known Member

Drag brake? You mean disc brake? It will bite much harder on the jackshaft than it would on the rear wheel. I briefly considered going that route with my 98cc engine, but instead I'm going to run a bmx brake in the rear. Don't really feel I'll need a disc brake on the jackshaft, since I'm going to be running a motorcycle drum upfront.

17. KCvale

KCvale Motorized Bicycle Vendor

One thing I tell ya is that monster engine is gonna eat that thin 7-speed chain for breakfast.

18. hellbound212

hellbound212 New Member

been riding it, and it is smooth, and no i mean a drag brake on the jackshaft, A brake which provides retarding force without external control. the chain holds at 30 so i beg to differ. and so be it i will upgrade

19. KCvale

KCvale Motorized Bicycle Vendor

Don't miss a shift and your fine, miss shift coming up to a light with momentum for example and downshifted too low a gear then WOT it and it will take the chain and in one case I saw the derailleur with it.

That was just ~3.5HP 2-stroke I built, convinced him to swap out the rear gears for internals with a nice 410 HD chain and he still rides it to this day with no issues.

20. grinningremlin

grinningremlin Active Member

Even though I'm a helmetless guy, I suggest a full-face helmet.The extra weight, the extra power, and the crazy extra rake on the forks is a good recipe.I've heard many stories about those lowrider forks going "SNAP".