DSCN1855.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 1,097
  • DSCN1854.jpg
    DSCN1854.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 1,072
  • DSCN1850.jpg
    DSCN1850.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 985
update for everyone, scarlet is coming along very nice.!
chain ring is giving me problems still, found a genuine vw oil cap that fit my gas tank which is a +!!! im a volkshead by heart so love to reuse parts.
all together i have about 200 dollars and 3 weeks of labor in this beauty.
anybody ever run the bell speedo and know if they work at high speed?:confused:

Attachments

• DSCN1860.jpg
    DSCN1860.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 374
  • DSCN1861.jpg
    DSCN1861.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 356
  • DSCN1864.jpg
    DSCN1864.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 361
  • DSCN1863.jpg
    DSCN1863.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 399
  • DSCN1862.jpg
    DSCN1862.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 364
  • DSCN1865.jpg
    DSCN1865.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 364
  • DSCN1866.jpg
    DSCN1866.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 366
  • DSCN1867.jpg
    DSCN1867.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 370
great news, got the back tire spining today, gonna get the rim trued tomorrow.!
still undecided if im gonna run the drag brake on the jackshaft yet, any feedback?:sick:

Drag brake? You mean disc brake? It will bite much harder on the jackshaft than it would on the rear wheel. I briefly considered going that route with my 98cc engine, but instead I'm going to run a bmx brake in the rear. Don't really feel I'll need a disc brake on the jackshaft, since I'm going to be running a motorcycle drum upfront.

great news, got the back tire spining today, gonna get the rim trued tomorrow.!
still undecided if im gonna run the drag brake on the jackshaft yet, any feedback?:sick:
One thing I tell ya is that monster engine is gonna eat that thin 7-speed chain for breakfast.

been riding it, and it is smooth, and no i mean a drag brake on the jackshaft, A brake which provides retarding force without external control. the chain holds at 30 so i beg to differ. and so be it i will upgrade

been riding it, and it is smooth, and no i mean a drag brake on the jackshaft, A brake which provides retarding force without external control. the chain holds at 30 so i beg to differ. and so be it i will upgrade
Don't miss a shift and your fine, miss shift coming up to a light with momentum for example and downshifted too low a gear then WOT it and it will take the chain and in one case I saw the derailleur with it.

That was just ~3.5HP 2-stroke I built, convinced him to swap out the rear gears for internals with a nice 410 HD chain and he still rides it to this day with no issues.

Even though I'm a helmetless guy, I suggest a full-face helmet.The extra weight, the extra power, and the crazy extra rake on the forks is a good recipe.I've heard many stories about those lowrider forks going "SNAP".

Back