My 1937 Shelby Airflow

Discussion in 'Antique Motorized Bicycles' started by JE, Oct 19, 2008.

1. JE

JE Guest

Finally found the rear drop stand for my 1937 Shelby Airflow and put it on today. Just need to install the Chain guard and find the fake tank that fits in the frame and the front and rear lights for it.Then it will be ready to take appart and restore.

Attached Files:

2. Esteban

Esteban Active Member

LOVE the old bikes,,, WITHOUT a motor !!!
  3. JE

JE Guest

Yep that one will be total bone stock Restoration.
  4. wavygravy

wavygravy Guest

dude that frame so rocks! got the old higgins back on its feet! vintage nutz unite!!
  5. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

You know, I had a bike that looked a lot like that when I was about 10 yrs old. I didn't think much of it because it was in similar condition to that photo and I was just a kid.
    I haven't even thought about it in a long time. The pic is a reminder.

I wonder what I had and what I could do with it if I had it now. A pity.
  6. JE

JE Guest

The Shelby airflow bikes like that are going for $1500 to $3500 when they are restrored depemding on the Options on the bike.
  7. wavygravy

wavygravy Guest

mmmm, flow me shelby! i cant wait to see what develops with this build!!
  8. bikebum1975

bikebum1975 Member

Very cool old bike much nicer style than the newer ones good luck with the restoration
  9. wavygravy

wavygravy Guest

do ya have all the tin parts for that baby!!
  10. JE

JE Guest

I just found the tank for it $400 ouch. I have the chain guard just need to put it on.I need to find delta defender rear light and Delta horn light for the front.
  11. wavygravy

wavygravy Guest

thats gonna be the beez kneez!!
  12. JE

JE Guest

Hope so.I just sold my 1936 Shelby airflow that was complete. to fund the 37 airflow. They are almost the exact same bike with one small difference how the rear drop stand mounts. 36 the stops are part of the stand and 37 they where built into the frame. They only did that for one year thats why I kept the 37.
  13. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Lookin' good man!!! I just pulled out my 1959 Columbia Viking (m/w) to start working on.
    The Shelby is really looking good, please keep us posted on the build-up of it...