My 50 Year old Schwinn

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by crazeehorse, Apr 27, 2009.

1. crazeehorse

crazeehorse Member

this is my favorite bike out of the 3 i have.I call it Oscar, i motored it a little over a year ago, & have put many miles on it since. it is a 1959 Schwinn Tornado, with new wheels, crank, & handle bar riser.

Attached Files:

2. pooja84

pooja84 Member

Its nothing great. Its a very common bike. Its nothing unique.

3. crazeehorse

crazeehorse Member

I never said it was, i said it is my favorite.

4. rockvoice

rockvoice Member

I don't understand why that pooj joker would say that. it is great , unique, and special . i hope he was joking (though it doesnt look like it it). Like theres really a bunch of 59s running around, i dont think so. cool bike bike man.

5. beast775

beast775 Guest

nice bike

great colour.those schwins have great frame geometry for comfort.i like it.sometimes the most plain are the best lookers.:cool2:

6. echotraveler

echotraveler Member

i like it too, looks solid and clean! hope to hear more about your projects

7. Waterfowl

Waterfowl MBc-Sponsor

Looks like a Army messenger bike. Cool.:cool2:

8. azbill

azbill Active Member

I love the looks of the old frames :)
    nice bike !!! :cool2:

9. crazeehorse

crazeehorse Member

Thanks Guys, I added some bags today. & hooked my trailer up, for a little fishing action. Oscar feels all dressed up, what say you now, Poo ? And this is my favorite fishing buddy, "Skip". He's just a common dog.

Attached Files:

10. azbill

azbill Active Member

I have to dis-agree...
    if he is so common,
    why is he your avatar and fishin buddy ???

11. azbill

azbill Active Member

how is the cornering (can you lean?) using the caster assembly for the hitch?

12. Waterfowl

Waterfowl MBc-Sponsor

You need a White Star on the tank to make it complete!

I like it!

13. crazeehorse

crazeehorse Member

trailer

yes it corners almost any turn that you could take without it. you can almost lay the bike down before it has an effect on the trailer. here a pic of my whole rig. it is a swivel caster, & i used a 5/8 inch swivel sparkplug socket, at the hitch end of the 3/4 inch conduit tongue ,for up & down swivel.

Attached Files:

14. crazeehorse

crazeehorse Member

15. grouchyolfart

grouchyolfart Member

Oh man. The bags and tailer take it to a different level of coolness. If you were here, you'd be invited to participate in all the Veteran's Day parades around the island, with yer dawg. We got a large group that restores WWII vehicles that do just that. No bikes, yet, though. I was hoping to get there, but can't find a decent bike to use, here. Oh yeah, then I'd also have to get a correct uniform to wear. :thinking:

Who's this pooj fella? That was totally uncalled for. Some people's children. :confused:

16. biken stins

biken stins Member

Just keeps getting better. Any thoughts of a side car for your partner ? Good job !

17. KDC1956

KDC1956 Member

Nice Fishing Buddy

Nice fishing buddy you have. Oh and you have a great looking bike too.:whistling:

18. That's an engenious set-up! And a cool lookin' bike too! Military rigs are fun to do.

19. Porkchop

Porkchop Member

Anything special about Skip's rawhide chew he's holding in his mouth, or is it "common" to ? My 1952 Cadillac Coupe de Ville is just a common car too. They're a dime a dozen around here. NOT ! Hey man, don't let one snide remark like that about your bike pull you down. I'm sure your old Schwinn will still be on the road when all these newer bikes have long gone to the big scrap metlal yard in the sky. You ride it pal, and be proud of it !

20. wavygravy

wavygravy Guest

you couldnt ask for a better frame to do a build on! of course a newbie whouldnt know that whould he? stick that in your pooja!!