My 57 Schwinn Corvette Mods

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by Hawk, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Hawk

Hawk Member

Since the last photos I added:
    Front Drum Brake
    Rack
    Larger Gas Tank
    Mirrors
    Taillight
    Garage Sign

Attached Files:

2. jimmie46

jimmie46 New Member

Pretty nice, I like the front motor mount. Well! I like the whole thing. Thanks for the pic's. Jim

3. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

4. bikebum1975

bikebum1975 Member

Hawk that is one fine machine ya got there love the color.

5. wezwheels

wezwheels New Member

digging the green. nice look.

6. motoschwinn

motoschwinn Guest

Now...

Looks great! I like the Schwinn decals, I think it needs just one thing. The long exhaust, that would finish it.

7. Hawk

Hawk Member

I would love to have a long exhaust. Spooky Tooth has a Poo-Poo exhaust that is swept back and I am trying to determine if it will clear on my middle weight bike. There is very little room between the crank and engine and the crank and the Schwinn Style Kickstand. So first I am installing a wide crank from Spooky Tooth and then checking the clearance. Any other suggestions are welcome.
    Thanks
    Jim

8. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

real nice...so fine..did you do the paint

9. Hawk

Hawk Member

Thank you! It is hard to tell in the photos but it is actually two-tone. The frame is powder coated a candy neon yellow-green and the rest is a metallic lime "VW Viper" Green. So no I didn't do the paint.....my friend has a body shop and he painted the tank, chainguards etc after the powder coater did them in the wrong color and wouldn't re-do them for me!

10. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

real nice..i would be afraid to get that one dirty....beter build another to ride and save that one for the car and bike shows

11. azbill

azbill Active Member

I too, am also digging the green :cool2:

12. Hawk

Hawk Member

Since my last photos I added;
    1) Phantom Style Tail Light w/ Brake light!
    2) New pinstriping
    3) Added a 50's Schwinn Balloon Tire Hat Pin as a logo to my Gas Cap!
    Tx for looking

Attached Files:

13. davidsis

davidsis Guest

That really is nice. Have to say the exaust out the back would look cool, also, how does the rear tail light work?

14. Hawk

Hawk Member

Thank You! You are right I am trying to figure an exhaust. Spooky Tooth says theirs will fit but they have been waiting on a shipment forever! The light is just battery operated and has a ball bearing that rolls forward when you stop and makes a contact. But the filament fails with the engine vibration! Ha Ha. I am trying to modify to an LED. See demo video here;

http://cgi.ebay.com/BEACH-CRUISER-R...X&its=C%2BS&itu=SI%2BUA%2BLM%2BLA&otn=5&ps=63

15. simontonbill

simontonbill New Member

Very nice. This is exactly why I joined this forum!

16. fow-aire

fow-aire New Member

getting more crank clearence

beautiful looking classic! befor you spend money on wider crank dogg legging your stock crank is basically simple task. envolve heating up crank till it glows red hot then putting in required clearence!:idea:

17. Hawk

Hawk Member

Thanks but I bought one of the widw cranks fron Spooky Tooth. Not too much ($18) and it works great. I was gonna "dogleg" it but I'd have to had gone to a welder.

http://www.spookytoothcycles.com/co...age=vmj_ace.tpl&product_id=382&category_id=91

18. jjstanza

jjstanza New Member

What a beauty! Great Job! Love the pictures!!

19. Barbie's hubbie

Barbie's hubbie New Member

20. beast775

beast775 Guest

yup

shes a purdy one,they ride great.