My 70cc HT Mountain/Road Bike

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by xlastshotx, Sep 24, 2008.

1. xlastshotx

xlastshotx Member

My primary means of transportation. Works great, with the stock sprocket I can hit about 30MPH, which is a bit faster than I usually want to go. There aren't many long straightaways around here anyways, usually run into a light before. Bonteger rear rack with a custom top piece I made, to hold larger items, my gas tank, and my battery. 26"x2" Rear tire and a 26"x 1.5" front.

Once my truck sells I am planning on changing a few things on it, but till then this is what I have :).

Attached Files:

2. jmccrury

jmccrury Member

Looks good man. What's up with the shiny duct tape?
  3. xlastshotx

xlastshotx Member

The shiny duck tape "aluminum tape" by the front of the motor is so the wires for the front light and the cdi don't melt, the aluminum tape by the carburetor is pulling the manifold up, because my clutch lever hits the bottom of it when it isn't raised... And maybe the tape also reflects heat away from the intake tube, which may make more power? lol. The tape on the top of the gas tank is because the gas cap broke a couple days after I got my motor, and I don't have any money to replace it.
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  4. andrewdavis19

andrewdavis19 Member

How you raising the carb with tape if it is tightened? I'm confused.:-/
  5. xlastshotx

xlastshotx Member

because the intake manifold is semi loose. It isn't the stock one, I had to make one because my frame was a little to small.

I just got back from a 36mi ride. Everything worked awesome and I averaged 27mph :).
  6. andrewdavis19

andrewdavis19 Member

doES it make a good seal? What'd you use to make it?
  7. ozzyu812

ozzyu812 Member

i just thought the tape was redneck chrome
    nice rack
    really making my milk crate look bad
  8. xlastshotx

xlastshotx Member

Eh it seems to be sealed. I used half the stock manifold, some copper fittings, hose clamps, ans high temp tape.

and lol again
  9. ozzyu812

ozzyu812 Member

$300 well spent!