My apologies to all here!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Dockspa1, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

It has been brought to my attention by a moderetor that I have been getting fairly rude a testy, so, I want to say that i am sorry and I do have a problem with typing before thinking it out. Yes, I have another major surgery day after tommorrow and I am very sorry that my real ways have been tampered with by fear.
    No excuses!
    I won't be able to use my computer until I get back home. a week or so.
    Again, Forgive me, Please
    Doc

2. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

doc, you're an established, respected, and welcome member here...it's hard to not "snap back" when we're so busy. i appreciate your understanding, i also appreciate your situation. you hang in & do your best and we'll try our best to understand that it might be the meds or anxiety talking :)

3. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

Some times I think I'm just losing it Augie.
    Sorry.
    Will try to get back on the positive side of the tracks.
    Thanks

4. OldPete

OldPete Guest

Bwahahaha! Sure glad I am not the only quick tempered fart here.

Hang in there. I live in daily pain w/o medication.

5. Jim H

Jim H Guest

Forgiven here Doc. My attitude and strong opinions seem to land me in dutch quite frequently; I'm trying to do better...hope all goes well w/ your surgery and you get some relief.

6. Danny3xd

Danny3xd Member

You are in my prayers Doc. Gonna be OK. Hope is the thing that matters most. If you have the $, rent a laptop and put AOL or another freebee dial up on it so you can let folks know how you are and how things are going wile you are "in the shop" Again, you are in our prayers bud.

7. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

No harm, no foul. Let's all hope you have a speedy recovery. I know what it's like to be buggered up and I have grown to HATE needles. You'll be in my prayers.

Dan

8. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

Man, I just can't tell you guys how much better your words make me feel.
    I'm not looking for piti but I do apreciate the concerns.
    I will keep ALL my chins up!
    Doc

9. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

I too, have a tendency to type before I think much (It's gotten me in trouble more than once). So I can identify. Hope all goes well.

10. Mary

Mary Guest

I sure know I have a tendency to hit the send button before I have thoroughly read my post and did editing. Sometimes, I'm so tired I just don't do the editing. There's also a time factor, there's only so much in one day:)

I am new to the board and didn't know you were ill. I want you to know that even though we've never met, I will keep you in my prayers.

Prayer is very powerful especially if several people pray for the same thing or person. Prayer can work miracles.

I am reading a book on Poker by the legendary Doyle Brunson. He talks about the time when he was married only 4 months and woke up one morning with a sore throat. His newly wed is a pharmacist and made him go to the doctor. Turns out he had cancer that had spread throughout his body and was given 6 months to live. He had a lot of people praying for his recovery. Three months after that eventful surgery and the diagnosis, he returned to his doc for a visit. The doc was astonished. The cancer was gone!

I know it disappeared because of the power of all that prayer.
    If you're in pain and taking meds that for sure will take you away from your true self.

Take it easy, bud. Get home soon and let us know how you are.

Best,

Mary

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2007
  11. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers, but I worry more for my family than myself. Please send them their way.
    Much appreciated
    Doc

12. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Guest

:cool:Doc, anytime ya wanna be grumpy to yer friends and family, come on down here and be mad at me. i've got a thick screen.( but in real life i've got "thin skin".)

you're in my prayers, my friend.

13. I think we all know how to be civil on this board - we are all different ages and walks of life. We all have thick skin - (we need it from falling off these crazy contraptions...)

Get better quick Doc!

14. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

Two Special Uses of the Medal

By a rescript of the Sacred Congregation of Religious (4 May 1965) lay Oblates of St. Benedict are permitted to wear the Medal of St. Benedict instead of the small black cloth scapular formerly worn.

By a decree of the Sacred Congregation of Rites (6 March 1959), the Blessing of St. Maur over the sick is permitted to be given with a Medal of St. Benedict instead of with a relic of the True Cross, since the latter is difficult to obtain.

Peace

Above the cross is the word pax (peace), that has been a Benedictine motto for centuries. Around the margin of the back of the medal, the letters V R S N S M V - S M Q L I V B are the initial letters, as mentioned above, of a Latin prayer of exorcism against Satan: Vade retro Satana! Nunquam suade mihi vana! Sunt mala quae libas. Ipse venena bibas! (Begone Satan! Never tempt me with your vanities! What you offer me is evil. Drink the poison yourself!)

Use of the Medal

There is no special way prescribed for carrying or wearing the Medal of St. Benedict. It can be worn on a chain around the neck, attached to one's rosary, kept in one's pocket or purse, or placed in one's car or home. The medal is often put into the foundations of houses and building, on the walls of barns and sheds, or in one's place of business.

The purpose of using the medal in any of the above ways is to call down God's blessing and protection upon us, wherever we are, and upon our homes and possessions, especially through the intercession of St. Benedict. By the conscious and devout use of the medal, it becomes, as it were, a constant silent prayer and reminder to us of our dignity as followers of Christ.

The medal is a prayer of exorcism against Satan, a prayer for strength in time of temptation, a prayer for peace among ourselves and among the nations of the world, a prayer that the Cross of Christ be our light and guide, a prayer of firm rejection of all that is evil, a prayer of petition that we may with Christian courage "walk in God's ways, with the Gospel as our guide," as St. Benedict urges us.

A profitable spiritual experience can be ours if we but take the time to study the array of inscriptions and representations found on the two sides of the medal. The lessons found there can be pondered over and over to bring true peace of mind and heart into our lives as we struggle to overcome the weaknesses of our human nature and realize that our human condition is not perfect, but that with the help of God and the intercession of the saints our condition can become better.

The Medal of St. Benedict can serve as a constant reminder of the need for us to take up our cross daily and "follow the true King, Christ our Lord," and thus learn "to share in his heavenly kingdom," as St. Benedict urges us in the Prolog of his Rule.

Order of St. Benedict Medal

Benedictines for Peace will be thinking of you especially Saturday

Last edited: Sep 26, 2007
  15. Remember to thank your Doctors who are doing the ACTUAL work Doc.

16. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

Hey Slide after my neck fusion with this same neurologist, I gave him a card and a 1896 silver dollar a couple of months ago. I like him and trust him for my back fusions.
    Guess I'll have to give him a bottle of my homade wine and a coin this time!
    Doc

17. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

I just have to say one more thing, SRDave, I will probably screw up again so I am asking for forgiveness now!
    That wat I can stay one screw up ahead.
    SRDave, seriously, Thanks!
    Doc

18. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

Doc,
    It's a brand new day. All is forgotton/ forgiven.
    I am not angry with you, nor, do I hold grudges.
    (Seems I have some bad days, too!)

My thoughts turn to your health. best of luck to you & your family.
    keep us posted on your progress.

Hang tough, Bro!!

Sincerely,
    Dave

19. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

I'm out and every thing is going great.:grin::oops::grin: Got a lot of minor therapy at home to go threough but all is good.
    Augie and Davo, I can't explain it, Just THANKS!!!!!
    For all the others who were thinking of my family an I, Hugs all around!
    What a group of great people!
    To everyone again, sorry i lost my cool but am so happy to have people like you to help me find it again.
    Ok everyone meet me back at the pub and it's frosties aroun the house!
    Doc be here

20. azbill

azbill Active Member

good to hear everything went well Doc :D
    here's to a speedy recovery !!!