My Avanti Illusion with 66cc HT engine

I think its about time I throw up some pics and details of my bike rather than having random ones spread throughout the internet.

The bike began life as an Avanti Illusion. I picked this bike for its strength, brakes and aesthetics :p

This is my first build and has been a huge learning experience for me. Before I had even ordered the engine I knew this thing had to have a shift kit as well so the first two things I ordered where a Skyhawk GT5 badboy 66cc and a SBP deluxe shift kit. The rest as they say is history...

Bike:

09 Avanti Illusion

Engine:

Skyhawk 66cc GT5 Badboy
SBP Expansion chamber
SBP pet cock and filter
SBP Studs
RSE Billet head
RSE MSD ignition
PBP velocity stack and ufo filter
Stock NT carb rejetted to 1.6mm

Drivetrain:

SBP Deluxe shift kit 10t with modified chain ring spacing
SRAM PC-971 main chain
KMC KOOL Chain 1/2" x 1/8" jack shaft chain
#415 engine chain

Accessories:

Dual pull brake lever
Carbon fiber 9spd grip shifter
2x SSC p7 LED head lamp/torches
Cateye LD1100
Topeak mudguards
Gel seat cover
AirZound Horn
Sigma computer

Ill get some more pics up at a later day. I hope you like it.

Last edited:
Thats a nice ride . It must be a blast tooling around on it . I imagine you do alot of on off road riding . At least from the pic's it seems so. Do you have alot of dirt roads? Dusty ? Keep the filters clean and in good order.... Good work...Tom in West Virginia U.S.A.

Cheers mate. It has been and fun but often frustrating build. I still seem to have to adjust something every couple of weeks :D That said it is pretty well sorted out now and has been ultra reliable. The only issues I am still having are with shimming the spark plug (piston hits if I don't) and the exhaust popping off at the joint between the header pipe and expansion chamber though that only happens once in a while.

There are a lot of dirt roads and paths around here but I mainly try to stick to the bitumen. I live about 3kms out from the suburbs and inbetween my place and them is a big national park. I used to ride up and down there to get to the suburbs because the main road down the hill is dodgey as on a pushy with traffic sometimes doing 100kmh plus on a windy road with no shoulders. These days though I just take the road as the paths through the park have been damaged from winter and are a bit too rough plus bicycles are banned from riding through there anyway lol. The last time I rode through the CFS (country fire service) were doing a burn off and I happened accross a bunch of them and got told off lol.

Back