My Bike from Argentina

Hi everybody, i just finished my bike, its a mountain bike steel frame with a 48cc square head, runs really cool, of course the bike is not finished, i have things to do like hiding the wires, upgrade the breaks, and modify the front motor mount, the engine moves a little to the left, not big deal so far, the chain is aligned but i want the bike to run OK.

the pics

bye!

Attachments

• 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 509
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 421
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 380
Better fix that mount. A "no big deal" can become a big deal really quick.

thanks to all. i have to look the way to fix that mount.

the tensioner was a pain in the a** to me, so i took him apart and runs fine.

Van, just curious, What is wrong with the mount? Looks like he drilled through and ran the spacer ok on the front, can't tell by the pics about the rear mt.
Doc

yes the front mount is like you said, the rear mount is "stock", but it doesnt make full contact with the frame tube, just the top of the aluminium piece, i put it that way because in that position the carburetor is parallel with the floor, if i place the rear mount making full contact with the frame, i dont know if the carburetor will run properly.

but i have to do it that way, im worried about braking a stud or something.

what about using exhaust car clamps to the front mount? i saw it in the forum, are reliable? more than drill through?

thanks
Fede

The carb will work at an angle, however I don't have the spec on the maximum angle that it works at. I think I saw it on here somewhere a while back.

Back