my bikes, with new stuff!

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by eltatertoto, Apr 4, 2008.

1. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

i got a stand, 2 bars, a seat, sissybar, and a backrest, and a generator light. i know i know the blue bike is dorky. (with the seat that high you should see me get on/off it lol!) i cut almost a foot off it. cause i wanted to clear the shed door lol! for the blue bike, i built it for comfort. style was an after thought (as you can plainly see) but anyway here are the 20 or so pics i took.

i need to buy new cables, for the brakes.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2008

2. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Lookin' good Tater. In my book, comfort and performance are way more important than appearance.

3. graucho

graucho Active Member

Tater, you've been busy! Good job! Isnt it great to see the fruits of your labor. You can be proud of your builds. graucho

4. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

thanks! ive since put some mbc stickers on her, and put a mbc bumper sticker diagional on the back of the sissy bar.

5. BSA

BSA Guest

Really cool bikes. I think I'm gonna put simaler seats and handlebars on my next build. You are the master of the motoredbike.

BSA

6. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

lol thanks! be forwarned though, when i added the seat, and bars, not leaning over caused me 5 mph, with all the wind ristance.

7. Pretty cool Tater! What's up with the brake levers like that?

8. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

cables are too short, for the front brake,m and i need new cables anyway on the blue bike. the 40 year old white cables they dont even make anymore, are starting to get reggady..

9. BoltsMissing

BoltsMissing Active Member

Good effort, have to agree with graucho to, "fruits of labour".

What make of dynamo is that on back wheel ?

10. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

that is tung lin, the headlight has like a million differnt settings, that i havent figured out yet, but it has 2 blubs. the back light and the gen are both clampos, with screws to indent the frame i guess to hold it its a screw with a point at the wnd, not threraded i bought it at bike world usa. the lght is made to go on the stem bolt, or the handlebar bolt. im gonna use a small sdcooter battery i have though, cause i couldnt find a good mount place, cause of the wierd back tire.

http://www.bikeworldusa.com/product...d/387?osCsid=a6b286c3b20f0926adf2c422eb2b60a9

i did a close up in this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37nLqoc7_2o

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2008
  11. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Hey Tater, I love your t-shirt. About that sissybar; Maybe they thought you wanted something to lean against while you're standing up on the seat?

12. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

lol! as u can c in da pics, i cut a foot of almost... didnt measure my bike (was too lazy)

13. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

That seems like a darn good dynamo/light set for the price. Dangerously Cheesy!

14. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

lol sir jake!, ive had that for years. but i think im gonna use a scooter battery i have though, cause i cant get a good angle on it, and it just wears down the plastic tip. i have a 40 year old one i took off the blue bike.....somwhere, and this looks exactly the same.