my buddy passed :(

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by eltatertoto, Jun 7, 2008.

1. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

as of 5:50 today, my best friend-1st real pet other than fish died today. this is a result of a suspected tumor, after going blind for a month and regaining sight only last week. i went into the bathroom where he was earlier sleeping, and i find him having a seisure on the floor. needless to say, i just walked out of the room, leaving the rest of the family to watch him. i had this cat since about this time in the 2nd grade summer. (i say the day after i graduate 8th)they say he finished his seisure and died. ill leave you with a pic of him, when he was blind- only 1 week an 1/2 agao.

--jason

(it took me a 1/2 hr to write this.):cry:

Attached Files:

2. Weedylot

Weedylot Member

Sorry about Spyder.

3. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

thanks for the sympathy. i think that i just need to take a ride lol. but at least hes not suffering anymore. wouldnt have wanted him to suffer, above all.

4. I just had to put my buddy Gizmo down this week 19 1/2 years old. Been thru many g/f, a few houses, 2 jobs, and 3 states and he was always there. I sympathize, and totally understand eltatertoto. After a week of morning I went to the Humane society and rescued another buddy Sunny. But I will never forget Gizmo. RIP buddy.....

Attached Files:

5. nopec

nopec New Member

it's amazing how attached we can get to our critters.

sorry for your losses, guys :-(

6. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Sorry for your losses. Duke and I shall take a ride "in Honor of..."
    It's nice to have someone love you no matter what kind of day you've had, if you've been a jerk or the best person in the world.

Attached Files:

7. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

Dang - Sorry to read of your loss. Spyder will be in the best cat heaven. I too get quite sad when I think of pals that have passed. (Two cats and two dogs over the years)

These guys may get into mischief and stuff but the really are the most innocent buddies.....right now if my bud Chancho were to go I would be broken. He loves cats! Sleeps with our cat Winston.

Chancho stands vigil for Spyder.

Attached Files:

8. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Sorry to hear about your loss Tater.

9. Zev0

Zev0 Member

Sorry Tater. I know how attached we get to our pets. I have a dog and a cat. The dog is about 12, so it won't be too long for her to go, I won't be that broken over the dog, but the cat. Man, I really like that cat. He's only 15 months, so he'll be around awhile.

Again, sorry. Best thing for you to do is get yourself another one. It's part of the healing process.

10. Marktur

Marktur Member

Yeah, Sorry Tater...it's tough when they go. We have 2 cats and a small dog - best of friends - I call them my "*** Guys" cause they're always giving each other baths. All three sleep in bed with us (but somehow know when they're NOT supposed to be there, too). My Black & White Max - 12, White Fat Cat Charley - 6, my dog Rex 4.

My cat Max inherited my son Spencer the day we brought him home from the hospital 11 years ago. They're ALWAYS together. He'll be devastated when Max goes, but thankfully he's pretty darn healthy and happy still.

We always have room to save 3 small cats/dogs. Hope you give a new kitty a home - Spyder would want it that way...

Hope you feel better,
    Mark

11. graucho

graucho Active Member

Sorry for your loss Tater...If humans showed the love and loyalty to each other as our pets do, the world would be a better place. Peace.

12. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

thanks for all the kind words. i think i might get a new cat but i dunno. i knew he would live a short life (compared to house cats) but this was pretty long for him. he was found as a kitten when somone was having a picnic in a very rural area (deep woods) and the vet said he wouldnt live very long because he had no mom, to teach him essencial skills and that because they could not tell if he had shots, would not give them to him unless we paied somthing like 500 dollars. so i am verry happy he lived aslong as he did, and most of his life he was happy up until the last weeks...

--the one image i cannot get out of my head or i think will ever leave, is him with my dad standing over him not breathing (you could tell cause he had lost all his weight in the last week ) on his side having what looked like a seziure and his left front paw kept moving as if he were grabbing for somthing. that is the last thing i saw before i left the room.

13. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Tater, I'm sorry to hear of your loss. We can really get attched to our companion animals. In fact, for many of us they are as much a part of our family as a brother or sister. It's hard when a beloved pet passes. Try not to think of his last moments, but remember all the fun and good times you had with him. It will make the pain a little more tolerable. I work at a pet supply company. When we hear of a customer's pet passing, we send a card with the "Rainbow Bridge" message on it.
    http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm
    Again, sorry to hear of your loss.

14. loquin

loquin Active Member

Sorry to hear about Spyder, 'Tater. As everyone else has said, we DO get attached to our pets. Take a break, then find another at the pound. Otherwise, they'll get put down without the chance at a good life.

15. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

I agree. Try adopting another cat or dog. I adopted an 8 year old Springer Spaniel last July. The owner was sending it (and it's son) to a dog rescue, but I intervened and adopted the senior dog before he had the misfortune to languish for who knows how long before (or if) he got adopted. Best move I ever made. He is without a shadow of a doubt the best dog I've ever had, and yes, he knows he's was given the chance for a new and better life. He's one big bundle of love. Here he is in a photo taken last Christmas:
    http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z21/KilroyCD/Miscellaneous/CocoaSanta.jpg

16. wanger

wanger Guest

Pets

Lost my buddy after 14 years HASH recently 1994 -2008 RIP
    DEVESTATED
    1 positive i have 1 of his pups STASH aged 16 months of terror
    hears a pic of HASH aged 2 years [found orig negative will post better pic soon]
    we should start a post of our pets
    i will post a pic of STASH as soon as he sits as well as his DAD see pic

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2008
  17. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

once again, thanks for all the sympathy, and my sympathy goes out to all that lost their pets. you dont really know what they feel until it happens to you. i think a pet thread would be great, but just as to not go over the line i think Ill ask the moddys 1st. when my parents get my dads check, tues im going down to the humane society to pick up another buddy. ( i dont like that place at all, my dad worked there when he was about my age and he had to put down animals all the time, he wont go back there anymore...)

18. Tom

Tom Active Member

I feel for you. My cat got hit by a car when I was 14. Needless to say I was devastated. Its not a fun thing when a pet dies.

19. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

well, on a happier note- i got a new cat......--tiger he is very energetic lemmie tell ya! he is cool though.

Attached Files:

20. Zev0

Zev0 Member

Good for you Jason. He will definately help your heart heal. Take good care of the little fellow. Get him neutered AT or just before 6 months, or you'll have a smelly house.

Again, I'm extremely happy for you.