my cag-powered mtb around campus

def215

Local time
8:26 AM
here is my footage i pulled off my helmet cam of my cag-powered mtb around campus. i decided to rip it around since i had a break before my next class

its been about 4 months since ive put this together and i am quite happy with it :D

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks. haha, yeah. i had an incident on my electric bike when i rode it involving trolley tracks a while back. lets just say gravity won on that one :frown: now im careful around them. :D

It really is that loud. Right now I have a straight pipe on it with an exhaust can on the end of it. I like it because it catches the attention of most car drivers when I'm riding so they know I'm in their proximity, or at least I think so. But I'm working on another pipe right now so I can get the decibels down a bit because noise can be annoying at times.

Man...that thing sounds like a angry mosquito on steroids when it gets wound up

It can get annoying at times and im pretty sure i **** my neighbors off when i take it to school at 8am :rolleyes:

I just swapped another pipe onto it that i just made. here it is:
B70DBC81-6367-45A1-A7F0-357347AFECB9-115-0000000219E70DB3.jpg

The new one is on the motor and the old one is the one I'm holding in my hand. I'm hoping it's a bit quieter than the last one :unsure:

Last edited:
Is there any form of sound deadening up there at all? I think you might go back to what you had if there isn't.

Keep working that exhaust issue. Two-stroke engines are hard to quiet with little pipes. The 50 cc scooters I see have exhaust systems larger than the engine itself to meet city noise codes. If you think you are annoying your neighbors, you most likely are. Any one of them will get a lot of satisfaction when they file a complaint and see a policeman pull you to the side.

And never assume that all drivers will see you.

Other than the exhaust (keep trying to quiet that stuff), the engine sounds good. Post your progress for others to read.

the new pipe is still pretty loud on it. i did sort of a baffle system on this exhaust where it goes in the can and it helps a bit. im really just playing around with scrap steel and practicing my welding with making these pipes.

but i took it out yesterday for a bit since it wasnt too cold, and ...well heres a short video of what happened: :devilish:

i had to represent the motored bikes! now i think i need a bigger sprocket on the motor after that :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back