my carburator is leaking gas

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by nofearinside, Nov 28, 2008.

1. nofearinside

nofearinside New Member

well... i havnt been able to turn my bike on yet.... another day of what's going on now? after i installed everything againg now the carburator seems to leak gas by everywhere... how could i solve this? or would i need to get another carb?

Attached Files:

2. hill climber

hill climber Member

where is your carb? with the engine mounted like that, without a custom intake, the carb couldnt possibly sit flat. the float bowl on these carbs needs to sit level.

3. nofearinside

nofearinside New Member

hey! thanks for asnwering!

well... i dont know too much about engines buti took a picture of how i placed the carb on the engine... it leaks gas by where you attach the wire from the throttle and is leaking by the pump and by the connection betwn the carb and the engine... is likeif the gas wasnt going where is supposed to go...

Attached Files:

4. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

:ee2k: yup...she's a leaker!!

your throttle cable needs to point up. Like 12 o'clock, or pretty close.

this will put your carb bowl at 6 o'clock.

100_2459.JPG <------ Like this

5. thescooterguy

thescooterguy Member

yes if those trees are growing upward in the background then you need a 45degree angled intake for that , carb . to put a china kit on a chopper with the flat frame you need a special kit for a chopper bike , the motor mounts are made so the motor is at the correct angle , you probably had difficulties with the drive chain too? but ya a 45 angle intake should take care of your leahing gas , and some zip ties on you fuel line

6. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

HT carby's are very forgiving about what angle their placed,but unfortunately not that forgiving....it's also better if their orientated inline with the engine.
    Seems like you'll either need to fab an inlet manifold to soften that vertical angle or reposition your engine more towards the vertical.
    I'm suspecting either way your gonna have to fab a manifold.
    Good luck.

Scroll down to the bottom:
    http://www.livefastmotors.com/accessories.html

7. nofearinside

nofearinside New Member

Hey hope i get help with this!

well... it's been around one week since i got my engine... i know most of the kits says u can place them in 3 hours but i've got days here and it doesnt turn on yet... i am overfrustrated and about to go crazy with it... i've been doing it on my own and with help from this amazing website... now i placed the engine in the way i think is the correct one and matched the wires from cdi with the ones from engine.... took one wire from kill-switch to ground and the other i tryed putting it together with the blue from motor and also i have tryed putting it together with the white to see if it works but nothing... it seems as if it was dead it doesnt even try to turn on... i dont know too much about this things but i dont know what else to do... i was reading on step 2 but i dont understand how to check if the spark plug sparks... i dont see anything sparks at all... i was planning on hiring one guy to help me see what was the problem with it but he told me he charges 60 dollars an hour and minimun he needed 2 hours... i just dont have that amount of money to spent on it because the engine kit was 160 so... i am screwed here... and i am going crazy with this thing.... how or whom could make my bike to turn on?? please if you can add pictures or videos or explain it to me like if you were talking to a guy who never ever on his life saw an engine before i would reeeeaaaally apreciate it! thanks!

Attached Files:

8. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

did you level your carb...like we said??

Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  9. MotorMac

MotorMac Member

Take the wire you have grounded and cap it off ( cap off the white wire),do not ground any of your wires.Connect the blue wire from the engine to the blue wire from the CDI, the black wire from the engine to the black wire from the CDI, forget using your killswitch for now .You can shut down using your choke for now.See if it starts let us know ..MAC

Last edited: Nov 29, 2008
  10. MotorMac

MotorMac Member

engine problems

No need to hire a mechanic that probably doesnt know anything about these motors. We are all here to help you along to getting your engine running if you follow the helpful tips and suggestions on this forum.You need to keep cool and take your time going thru this step by step.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2008
  11. MotorMac

MotorMac Member

12. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

@nofearinside:
    It's also a good idea to state your location so possibly another member of MBc can either phone u with instructions or come around your place.

13. nofearinside

nofearinside New Member

thanks to everyone!

Hey thanks a lot to everyone here.... this is such an amazing website with a lot of cool people. Ok .... here is a picture of how i have the engine mounted now... i changed it different possitions and made about 9 holes on the frame of the bike already before i read about the mountings for stingray... i was reading something before and also my engine was flooded with the gas because of how i had it the timebefore...the gas was flooding even by the pipe....i changed it how it is in the picture now and the leaking of the gas stopped.... if this way i placed is not right then i will go get the other mounting from ebay... but i want to check out what options i have before buying more stuff because it hasnt turn on yet... i tryed taking the kill switch out but it doesnt do anything yet... is like theres something not making it to fire or to spark the energy to turn on... the way i placed the clutch is that when i am not pressing the clutch the bike doesnt almost move, like it gets really really hard to move... and when i press it it moves easy so i can pedal...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
  14. nofearinside

nofearinside New Member

oh! and my phone is 4072182970 and i live in Orlando, Fl... if someone can help me out by phone or someone local with one of this bikes to take a look at it and see what's wrong with mine... i think that is being really hard forme because i've never saw or knew anything about this engines before... but i really want to work on it... i hope i can make it start soon... Thanks to everyone again!

15. MotorMac

MotorMac Member

bike problems

Sounds like your clutch is working ok, did you do that direct wiring blue to blue and black to black yet? This will bypass any potential problems on the electrical side of things, after doing this you can take your plug out and ground it to the block see if you get spark. First off I think you need to get the engine properly mounted using that kit from ebay or Livefast..That will take a few days to do, then you can go about troubleshooting the engine. By the way stop drilling holes in your frame, you are destroying a perfectly nice OCC Stingray by doing that.. Mac

16. nofearinside

nofearinside New Member

Hey! thanks Mac! i know... i did such a stupid thing by doing that... yeah i tryed with the blue to blue and black to black... but nothing... yes i am going to get the mounting from ebay... now... how do i ground the plug to the block? sorry but i dont knoe like the names of the parts of the engine too well... but am learning ;) .... where is the block? and how do i ground the plug to it? and where should i see the spark at?
    Thanks a lot for the help!

17. hill climber

hill climber Member

pull the spark plug out of the engine(block), plug it back in to the plug wire and hold it against the outside of the engine(block), the end that came out of the motor should have a gap between the prong on the end and the electrode(little metal rod in porcelain) of about .025", that is where you will see the spark, easier to see in the dark. so with the plug out, pluged in to the plug wire, resting on the engine, pick up the back tire and give it a good spin by hand and look at the gap for a spark. if its to light out to see it you can usually hear it snap. hope this helps

18. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

I've been on the phone this morning with nofearinside.....guess what?

he's probably out riding, right now.
    His sparkplug was fouled. he gave it a quick cleaning, checked for spark, reinstalled his plug & away he went!!

19. nofearinside

nofearinside New Member

Thanks a lot to everyone!!!!!i got my first ride on the bike!!! yeahhh! people ure amazing! Blessings for ya' all!

20. DIYMark

DIYMark Member

Ha your hooked now lol! :biggrin: ;)