my carburator is leaking gas

nofearinside

Local time
10:54 PM
well... i havnt been able to turn my bike on yet.... another day of what's going on now? after i installed everything againg now the carburator seems to leak gas by everywhere... how could i solve this? or would i need to get another carb?

Attachments

• PhotoMoto_0078.jpg
    PhotoMoto_0078.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 266
hey! thanks for asnwering!

well... i dont know too much about engines buti took a picture of how i placed the carb on the engine... it leaks gas by where you attach the wire from the throttle and is leaking by the pump and by the connection betwn the carb and the engine... is likeif the gas wasnt going where is supposed to go...

Attachments

• PhotoMoto_0092.jpg
    PhotoMoto_0092.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 276
:eek: yup...she's a leaker!!

your throttle cable needs to point up. Like 12 o'clock, or pretty close.

this will put your carb bowl at 6 o'clock.

100_2459.JPG <------ Like this

yes if those trees are growing upward in the background then you need a 45degree angled intake for that , carb . to put a china kit on a chopper with the flat frame you need a special kit for a chopper bike , the motor mounts are made so the motor is at the correct angle , you probably had difficulties with the drive chain too? but ya a 45 angle intake should take care of your leahing gas , and some zip ties on you fuel line

HT carby's are very forgiving about what angle their placed,but unfortunately not that forgiving....it's also better if their orientated inline with the engine.
Seems like you'll either need to fab an inlet manifold to soften that vertical angle or reposition your engine more towards the vertical.
I'm suspecting either way your gonna have to fab a manifold.
Good luck.

Scroll down to the bottom:
http://www.livefastmotors.com/accessories.html

Hey hope i get help with this!

well... it's been around one week since i got my engine... i know most of the kits says u can place them in 3 hours but i've got days here and it doesnt turn on yet... i am overfrustrated and about to go crazy with it... i've been doing it on my own and with help from this amazing website... now i placed the engine in the way i think is the correct one and matched the wires from cdi with the ones from engine.... took one wire from kill-switch to ground and the other i tryed putting it together with the blue from motor and also i have tryed putting it together with the white to see if it works but nothing... it seems as if it was dead it doesnt even try to turn on... i dont know too much about this things but i dont know what else to do... i was reading on step 2 but i dont understand how to check if the spark plug sparks... i dont see anything sparks at all... i was planning on hiring one guy to help me see what was the problem with it but he told me he charges 60 dollars an hour and minimun he needed 2 hours... i just dont have that amount of money to spent on it because the engine kit was 160 so... i am screwed here... and i am going crazy with this thing.... how or whom could make my bike to turn on?? please if you can add pictures or videos or explain it to me like if you were talking to a guy who never ever on his life saw an engine before i would reeeeaaaally apreciate it! thanks!

Attachments

• PhotoMoto_0078.jpg
    PhotoMoto_0078.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 210
Take the wire you have grounded and cap it off ( cap off the white wire),do not ground any of your wires.Connect the blue wire from the engine to the blue wire from the CDI, the black wire from the engine to the black wire from the CDI, forget using your killswitch for now .You can shut down using your choke for now.See if it starts let us know ..MAC

Last edited:
engine problems

No need to hire a mechanic that probably doesnt know anything about these motors. We are all here to help you along to getting your engine running if you follow the helpful tips and suggestions on this forum.You need to keep cool and take your time going thru this step by step.

Last edited:
Back