My clutch doesn't work.

Venom

Local time
4:10 AM
I was throttling through the streets of Chicago and then all of a sudden I tried to throttle, and it did rev up but it did not accelerate. It didn't turn off, but it didn't accelerate.

Then I turned it off, and retried to start, but I couldn't crank it. It just peddled as if the clutch was not there.

check for clutch cable tension. there should be some just after starting to pull the clutch lever in.
Take the right side cover off and tighten the flower nut.

The more In tighten the flower nut, the more the clutch turns even when I grip the handle bar clutch puller.

In other words. I can peddle it around and it it KIND OF turns, but only half assed. Not enough to start the motor.

It's like stuck in between. I keep loosening and tightening the flower nut trying to see what makes it better, but I can't get it to work well.

If all else fails you can always take it to a motorcycle mechanic or maybe even some small engine repair shop

first, take the flower nut off - if it doesn't turn the engine then, you've got a broken clutch that needs fixing - if it does turn the engine, you just need to adjust it better

A blown bearing seal will push fuel and oil into the clutch housing. The fuel evaporates and just leaves the oil.They dont work very well if they have oil on them, Take the clutch off and check for oil. Could be a bad seal.

Back