My Columbia and Western Flyer

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by KilroyCD, Dec 3, 2007.

1. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2007

2. azbill

azbill Active Member

nices rides dude !!! :D:D:D
    (I have to clean the drool off my keyboard now :lol:)
  3. Abeagle

Abeagle Guest

They are simply awesome, great craftsmanship.
  4. Bean Oil

Bean Oil Guest

Dang! Those two bikes are gorgeous!

Very, very nice... A solid thumbs up to you.

5. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words! Especially about the Columbia, as the bike was a ground-up restoration. The Western Flyer didn't need any restoration work when I mounted the engine kit, but I added the rear carry rack.
  6. Bean Oil

Bean Oil Guest

The resto on the Columbia is impressive; I wish I could see it in person but I'm in southern California so I don't think that'll happen. lol.

I like the speedo placement. Is that another light attached to the handlebars? Those mirrors are huge; I want a pair. Hahaha...
    I also want a longer exhaust. Is that the one that Grubee offers?

(I have a 2-stroke Schwinn Cruiser that's almost ready to fire...)

Thanks, Kilroy!

7. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

I think I can answer for Kilroy on the exhaust. It called a poo poo pipe. It is a Grubee product. I am fortunate enough to have been able to ride the Columbia. Kilroy is my brother :) We have the Whizzer to get going and a prototype 1943 3 wheel Cushman that was made for the military but they didn't like it. Only 8 of those made. This is a fun hobby. hehe
  8. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

That is the GruBee "PooPoo Pipe" (gotta love or hate that name, no middle ground) on the Columbia. The mirrors are by Pyramid, just their standard round mirror without reflectors. I guess the angle makes the closer one appear a bit bigger for some reason, but they're about 4 to 4 1/2 inches across (I'm not near then right now to measure them). The item on the handlebars is actually a 1940s vintage battery-powered horn.
  9. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Sorry about that, chief! I wasn't certain what was meant by image tags. Won't happen again!:oops:
  10. Egor

Egor Guest

The Columbia has got to be the best looking bike ever. You have captured the look of a classic, I think the painted rims always make the bike. I love the tires. Have fun, Dave
  11. beast775

beast775 Guest

excellent bikes for the eyes mmmm columbia:grin:
  12. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Wow! I'm humbled by your praise. Thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately the photo doesn't show some of the details very well, such as the 1941 bicycle license plate on the back or the mud flap. Since the photo was taken, I have also replaced the seat with a black retro-style one that has chrome rails. Really sharp!
  13. very nice, I like the old timey style.
  14. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Show bikes for shure. Beautiful work.
  15. Your Bikes

Very Nice Bikes. Great Job.
  16. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

17. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

18. Sianelle

Sianelle Guest

Beautiful beautiful classic bicycles :grin: They really are a sight to sooth sore eyes.
  19. azbill

azbill Active Member

you know, you can upload from an url...
    then it will show as a clickable thumbnail
    and loads smaller for our bandwith challenged members :D
  20. Live_to_Ride

Live_to_Ride Banned

I think we should all have another look at these bikes again. I don't know about you guys, but I think they pretty much define my aspects of what this "add a motor to a bike syndrome" is all about. I love em!