My cruiser

Hello. Thought that I would post some pics of my bike. It's a Huffy Cranbrook. I got the 66cc 2-stroke and it's a blast. I painted the chain guard and tank to match the bike. I even got pinstripe to put on the tank to match the frame. I don't have pics of that right now though. My uncle picked up and engine kit to for his Schwinn DelMar. His bike is in the last pic. Let me know what you think.

bike.jpg

bike2.jpg

bike3.jpg

bike4.jpg

bike5.jpg

bike6.jpg

He didn't even ride it. He stopped over to check it out and he started to help with my build and that night he was on the computer ordering his kit.

Very nice looking build! I'm kinda partial to the cream color as well (my Whizzer sports cream fenders). One word of caution regarding Cranbrooks, and that is to make quite sure the front fender is anchored more securely than the standard factory set-up. I've heard a number of stories of the mounting tab breaking loose and the fender pitching forward. Once your front tire rolls onto it you generally have only one place to go - over the handlebars. This actually happened to a friend of mine and he landed in the hospital for two weeks.

Yeah, I read up on that. I just haven't figured out a better mounting system right now. Do you know of anyone that has a good system for mounting it?

Edit: I was looking at the bike and I think I figured out a way to mount it securely. I'll give it a try tomorrow and post back what I came up with and post pics.

Last edited:
That is a very professional looking, clean paint job, well done. Both bikes are real nice the cream is extra special. They have a real all American look about them.

Well I fixed the fenders. They are not coming off unless something very, very wrong happens. And at that point, I'll have more to worry about than just the fenders!

nice

Hey I just got a cranbrook and ordered teh DAX 67cc any tips on the install. Is there any way to not drill the frame to mount that motor. Can you show you improvements to the fenders. I love the look of mine but dont want to end up over the handlebars. I was thinking of maybe figuring a way to put the fender over the crome bar that holds them rather than under...

Back