My Currant Tandem Trike Build.

Norm in Laguna

Local time
3:25 PM
Ok, this is my currant trike build. It's a tandem beach cruzer, with a trike kit from SpookyTooth. They modified the trike axle for me to help with the weight and they also made me a custom size sprocket so it'll have a little power low end power. It's got the Skyhawk 68cc engine kit. I ran it around the little alley today, it was a little hard to peddle, and we went to try and start it and it was really giving me fits trying to start. After a few tries, it fired up, and I got it to idle for a while. I had to use the choke to control it. The throttle wasn't working. I'll go and work on it some more tomorrow and see if I can get the bugs to fly away. Wish me luck. All those chains are a real bear to line up.

Attachments

• Long shot 2.jpg
    Long shot 2.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 3,960
  • Chain assembly 2.jpg
    Chain assembly 2.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 879
  • IMAG0008.jpg
    IMAG0008.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 969
  • Rear facing view 1.jpg
    Rear facing view 1.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 892
My Currant Tandem Trike Build UPDATE!

Ok, this is my currant trike build. It's a tandem beach cruzer, with a trike kit from SpookyTooth. They modified the trike axle for me to help with the weight and they also made me a custom size sprocket so it'll have a little power low end power. It's got the Skyhawk 68cc engine kit. I ran it around the little alley today, it was a little hard to peddle, and we went to try and start it and it was really giving me fits trying to start. After a few tries, it fired up, and I got it to idle for a while. I had to use the choke to control it. The throttle wasn't working. I'll go and work on it some more tomorrow and see if I can get the bugs to fly away. Wish me luck. All those chains are a real bear to line up.
Yesterday I was able to make it all come together, and I took my creation for a test ride. 4 rides really. Aside from some clutch and carb issues, it's a blast. I'll have video up soon.

Back